• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Zero tolerance on trolls - Moving forward.

Should we remove the two people we all know are derailing the Gemma thread?

• yes

Votes: 20 69.0%
  • no

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

congress_tart

PI Member
I've been banned for posting differing opinions on many Facebook pages. The likes of anti racism Ireland,anti facism Ireland,politics.ie,the journal etc for questioning the use of terms such as white supremacist, our insane open borders etc
The extreme left view is delete and ban straight away any sort of questioning.
:ROFLMAO:
Ireland against Fascism
2 hours ago
Since Friday night FB put our page on restriction, without warning, without explanation and they have not answered any of our questions.
We have no idea why and we have no idea how long for.
But it means we are no longer showing in your newsfeed, you have to search for us.
We are desperately sorry about this, but we are posting as normal and we hope things are back to normal soon.
From your Admin team here at IAF
(Please share)

congress_tart

PI Member
Ireland against Fascism
2 hours ago
Since Friday night FB put our page on restriction, without warning, without explanation and they have not answered any of our questions.
But it means we are no longer showing in your newsfeed, you have to search for us.
We are desperately sorry about this, but we are posting as normal and we hope things are back to normal soon.
(Please share)
😅😅

subversive writer

PI Member
Politicalirish.com is a site that was set up by disgruntled members of other fora. We were unhappy at the way those sites were run, how they were biased and restricted free speech. Since our birth, we have grown to a very active site that has had over 5 Million visits in our short lifetime. We have several hundreds of people visit the site each day and a growing user base that interact with the site daily.

For a time we allowed a certain level of so-called banter, at times the boundaries have been pushed by members who have come here to troll or carry on arguments across from other forums.

Today I would like to announce that this will now cease as we adopt a stricter approach to moderation.

From now on all mods will moderate threads they participate in. If you feel a moderator has moderated you unfairly you have as always the right of appeal.

Some sort of banter will be allowed, but this will be at the moderator's discretion if he/she believes the conversation is being trolled or derailed in any way, or a poster is posting inflammatory comments to bait or damage the site then the moderator can and will take action.

Some posters and users from other sites believe that PI is a far right site. This could not be further from the truth. On this site, we welcome views from all areas, the old beliefs of far right, left or liberal are changing and no longer are true to their original rooted belief system. Many of us agree with certain things another member may say, but then we can disagree with other views they hold, hence why this is a discussion site. People from all sides of the political spectrum are free to come here and air their views, you will not be discriminated against nor will you be restricted from posting those views providing they are legal and fair for others to discuss and respond.

There are various posters who are only here to troll, this is your final warning to shape up or you will be removed from the site.

We propose a 3 strike rule,

The 1st offense you will be given a thread ban.
2nd offense and you will receive a weeks ban.
3rd offense and you will receive a months ban.

Any offense after that and you will be permabanned. There are times that will warrant an immediate permaban and that will be at the discretion of the site Admins.

We ask and urge that each and every member adhere to these new rules, there are no exceptions and the site admins decision will be final.

Trolls beware, your time is over.

Regards

SH
It's a very slippery slope. The whole point of political Irish is that it's a free speech. That means freedom to offend.

Whilst I have nothing against the Jews in general people should be allowed to express anti-Semitism anti black anti whatever

I've noticed certain offensive words are not being censored by software and I don't think it's a good idea.

All offence is subjective
When one person starts deciding what's offensive and it gets bameed in the interest of not causing offence and then another person starts deciding what's offensive next thing you know it ends up like boards.ie

If the scum legal industry is trying to threaten administrators with legal action then maybe the entire site could be moved out of Ireland altogether and based in America.

Free speech is going to be by it's nature offensive to everyone.

that is the big debate in Europe right now they want to censor free speech in the interest of not offending anyone i.e. free speech is now hate speech.

This site will lose its edge over other sites if it continues to censor words and opinions in the interest of not offending anyone.

the fact that it is actually offending so many people and the fact that you're getting complaints is actually a sign that it's doing exactly what it's supposed to do i.e. allowing people to express freely their opinions.

Bar personal attacks on individual users ie "your mother is whatever" which I think serve no purpose it should not be censered.

yes you might get trolls who were sitting around drinking on a Saturday night and feel like gassing on but so what.

The unique selling point of this site over other site is the fact that free speech is a given without that there is no site.

the whole point of the site is to the defy the fascist censorship that is going on in Europe right now. It is the last bastion of resistance in Europe against the fascist/neo lib/ agenda which is disguised as social Marxism it's vital free speech continuous on this site.

Last edited:

Wolf

Donator
PI Member
It's a very slippery slope. The whole point of political Irish is that it's a free speech. That means freedom to offend.

Whilst I have nothing against the Jews in general people should be allowed to express anti-Semitism anti black anti whatever

I've noticed certain offensive words are not being censored by software and I don't think it's a good idea.

All offence is subjective
When one person starts deciding what's offensive and it gets bameed in the interest of not causing offence and then another person starts deciding what's offensive next thing you know it ends up like boards.ie

If the scum legal industry is trying to threaten administrators with legal action then maybe the entire site could be moved out of Ireland altogether and based in America.

Free speech is going to be by it's nature offensive to everyone.

that is the big debate in Europe right now they want to censor free speech in the interest of not offending anyone i.e. free speech is now hate speech.

This site will lose its edge over other sites if it continues to censor words and opinions in the interest of not offending anyone.

the fact that it is actually offending so many people and the fact that you're getting complaints is actually a sign that it's doing exactly what it's supposed to do i.e. allowing people to express freely their opinions.

Bar personal attacks on individual users ie "your mother is whatever" which I think serve no purpose it should not be censered.

yes you might get trolls who were sitting around drinking on a Saturday night and feel like gassing on but so what.

The unique selling point of this site over other site is the fact that free speech is a given without that there is no site.

the whole point of the site is to the defy the fascist censorship that is going on in Europe right now. It is the last bastion of resistance in Europe against the fascist/neo lib/ agenda which is disguised as social Marxism it's vital free speech continuous on this site.
This site IS hosted in the USA, afaik.

• Admin
OP
Superhans

Superhans

Staff member
Administrator
Donator
the level of trolling and bullying on another Political website is shocking.

An irish website. Where you might write 'the weather looks rainy today'. Then you get slapped down with a quasi legalistic threat. A threat to the ramifications of the mental opinion you just expressed.

Last edited:

congress_tart

PI Member
Ireland against Fascism
2 hours ago
(Please share)
:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom