• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Your Time is up - the move towards the legalisation of euthanasia in Ireland has begun...81% now support it according to the Journal.ie

sighthound

PI Member
FFS when you are old and in pain crippled with arthritis and unable to look after yourself what use are you except to greedy business men who charge you 2000 a week in a care home. Sitting in a nappy like a vegetable having migrants helping you go to the loo and wiping your arse cos you dont know where it is anymore. There comes a time when you should go and proobably would go if you had the option. Nothing to do with relatives just you and your solicitor.

TW Tone

PI Member
The feminist slogan "My Body, My Choice" is quite dishonest in the case of abortion. There are two bodies involved, three if you include the father.

However, that slogan is quite appropriate in the case of euthanasia.
I support the right to death.
When all else is gone, I still own my body.
I have a right to do as I wish with it.

TW Tone

PI Member
FFS when you are old and in pain crippled with arthritis and unable to look after yourself what use are you except to greedy business men who charge you 2000 a week in a care home. Sitting in a nappy like a vegetable having migrants helping you go to the loo and wiping your arse cos you dont know where it is anymore. There comes a time when you should go and proobably would go if you had the option. Nothing to do with relatives just you and your solicitor.

I agree, but why would I need a solicitor?

sighthound

PI Member
So no one can interfere its your living will and testament to chose to take your own ife or have assisted suicide no family member can force your hand to get your property!

Personally, if my mind was going, I would prefer to be gone, that is a big issue, losing your thoughts and so any real ability on your own behalf is something i dread for or on anyone. There's a dignity in death that is missing from our society, at least in large cohorts, or some form of conversation around it, something is missing, though we are more connected with death on many levels with the wake as example, but we should not make changes without questioning why the change.

OP
Catalpa

Catalpa

PI Member
A lot of people are missing the point

What starts out as 'personal choice'

- will end up as a societal norm..

As for me I will fight for every last breath of Life that God has given me.....

Sailor

PI Member
A lot of people are missing the point

What starts out as 'personal choice'

- will end up as a societal norm..

As for me I will fight for every last breath of Life that God has given me.....
Surely that is not a reason to prevent somebody suffering severe pain from deciding to call an end to their life? Even if it does become a ‘societal norm’, that is a separate issue which society must find some other way to address other than by requiring individuals to suffer agonizing deaths following months of a meaningless existence.

OP
Catalpa

Catalpa

PI Member
Surely that is not a reason to prevent somebody suffering severe pain from deciding to call an end to their life? Even if it does become a ‘societal norm’, that is a separate issue which society must find some other way to address other than by requiring individuals to suffer agonizing deaths following months of a meaningless existence.
In the age of modern drugs very few actually do

- there is no such thing as an easy death

- unless its instant!

Sailor

PI Member
In the age of modern drugs very few actually do

- there is no such thing as an easy death

- unless its instant!
There are still plenty of lousy deaths - but even ‘a few’ justifies the availability of euthanasia. And while death might frequently not be easy, surely our aim should be to make it as easy as humanly possible?

Hermit

PI Member
The feminist slogan "My Body, My Choice" is quite dishonest in the case of abortion. There are two bodies involved, three if you include the father.

Our individual decisions have a wider effect on society. "It's none of your business what someone else does with their own body. If you don't want an abortion, don't have one." Fine, except I don't like living in a country that not only allows but romanticises abortion. That shit is bad for my soul and our collective soul as a nation. Not to mention all the other knock-on negative effects of abortion that help destroy our society. I think it could be the same with euthanasia - both are about intentionally ending human life.
Give them an inch and they'll take a mile. Libtards will always push for more, they are never satisfied. Do you think the abortionists won't push for increasing the 12-week limit? Do you think they would stop at only allowing euthanasia in only the most extreme cases of an elderly person in severe pain? No, we will have situations like that teenage girl who was depressed so got euthanised.
On a more general note, I don't trust our Government to bring in this legislation. Maybe if the National Party was in power and only very specific cases of euthanasia were allowed.

Vote 4 Change

PI Member

Legalising assisted suicide does not change your statement.
You still can commit suicide. The question is, should the State kill you?
This is a dangerous precedent.

valamhic

PI Member
No, the intention with giving morphine is not to kill the patient, but to decrease the pain. Intention is everything. Likewise, babies were sometimes immediately delivered to save the life and health of the mother under the 8th. Sometimes the child would die if it was too premature. But, there was no intention of killing the child. If it managed to survive it would be helped to survive. Abortion intentionally seeks the death of the child, just as euthanasia intentionally seeks the death of the old or sick person. You don't even have to be old or sick in Belgium or Canada. Death is just another consumer choice there.
I can't believe a poster with a sense of fairness like Tagdh gaelecctric is goin to ban me .

Top Bottom