Your favourite piece of art...

The Field Marshal

PI Member

Yes he had a supremely skillful pair of hands. His works go for under a million now in the scam called the art business when this.... goes for 100 million...

much of this degenerate art began with the over rated draughtsman pablo picasso.

yore

Banned
PI Member
the purpose of life is not happiness, but rather heroic accomplishment. Every soul encompasses potential heroism, I thought. But every soul flickers for a few adolescent years with heroic visions, before resigning itself to mediocre values, before submitting to the lives of others, shrivelling & finally perishing. Why should I not be a soul, which no matter what the sacrifice required, attained heroism? Who could know? Perhaps I would be victorious in my pursuit of heroism. But then the victory itself would no longer have any meaning, but only the tireless striving toward it.

eliade, gaudeamus, works & days, p60

Nuvvles aren't art? the stylist who wrote this actually agrees but yeah

Conall Gulban

PI Member

Weegee - Their first Murder 1940's

Ive always liked Weegee, infamous press photographer from the 30'40's
Always first on the scene, an ambulance chaser before his time, his prolific output gives a wonderful glimpse into street life in 1930's New York.

Cop killer Anthony Esposito 1940's

Children on the Fire Escape

In the Paddywagon

johnhan279

PI Member
To me the most terrifying artwork ever created. Nightmarish but all the more so because the theme is true (we all die no matter who what we are or do). Not one for Thanatophobes.
I think it was a Black Sabbath album Cover IIRC

johnhan279

PI Member

Die Helvetier zwingen die Römer unter dem Joch hindurch (The Helvetians force the Romans to pass under the yoke). Romantic painting by Charles Gleyre (19th century) celebrating the Tigurini victory over the Romans at Agen (107 BC) under Divico's command.

Top Bottom