You can't actually say that Irish is a "race" or an ethnicity

SwordOfStCatherine

This is the fellow who put himself at the head of the anti-repeal campaign.
I count as a "Conservative Catholic" because I firmly belong within the "Hermeneutic of Continuity"/Pope Benedict XVI wing of the Church but because I am not a cradle Catholic and have been exposed to a lot of different influences to them I can sometimes, and I stress sometimes, see the world radically differently to how cradle Irish "Conservative Catholics" see the world. They kept telling themselves since the 1990s that society here was just going through a phase and that Gaels almost did not need Baptism because they were almost biologically Catholic and so could never really desert Catholicism, and that any day now people would return to the Church and the Church would return to orthodoxy- the abortion referendum killed those illusions and a lot of them are having difficulty coping as I have been observing.

Ted

PI Member
I count as a "Conservative Catholic" because I firmly belong within the "Hermeneutic of Continuity"/Pope Benedict XVI wing of the Church but because I am not a cradle Catholic and have been exposed to a lot of different influences to them I can sometimes, and I stress sometimes, see the world radically differently to how cradle Irish "Conservative Catholics" see the world. They kept telling themselves since the 1990s that society here was just going through a phase and that Gaels almost did not need Baptism because they were almost biologically Catholic and so could never really desert Catholicism, and that any day now people would return to the Church and the Church would return to orthodoxy- the abortion referendum killed those illusions and a lot of them are having difficulty coping as I have been observing.
Pope Benedict would disown many of those who claim to act in his name.

Vote 4 Change

PI Member
Oh you can certainly talk about the Irish, or Celts, being an ethnic group. I wouldn't describe them as a race though.
Just to be sure of the initial post. McGuirk said you’re Irish if you have Citizenship. Given the Regime devaluing our Irish Citizenship by handing passports out like snuff at a wake, I think McGuirk needs to think again whAt Irish really is

subversive writer

PI Member
View attachment 5858

What an absolute gobshite, I guess someone got their bag of coins to betray the Irish people.
Delegitimization of the concept of racial homogeneoy is the first step towards the agenda of multi culturalism.

I actually can't believe he is still peddling this crap in the middle of this global panic

Fyi being black definitely does not make you Irish. This is a sub arctic country.
The human body needs vitimin d. The sun provids it. White people absorb more vitimin d then black people. Our skin evovled is a result of the need for the body to get as much vit d from the sun as possible coupled that with lack of sunlight compared to countries near the equater.

Black skin evovled to absorb less sun because there is more sun in hotter countrys and survive better in hotter countrys.

People should stick to their own regions

well the irish , scots and welsh have been on these islands for 5 or 6 thousand years. While the English are just a bunch of blow-ins, Germanic invaders from 1300 years ago. Still struggling to assimilate and to fit in.

And a classic demonstration is when an englishman looks at a welshman and asks 'why cant you just speak english ?'. The etymology of 'welsh' is to call them 'foreign'. Same as the English who go to Benidorm and then complain about too many spanish roaming about.

subversive writer

PI Member
well the irish , scots and welsh have been on these islands for 5 or 6 thousand years. While the English are just a bunch of blow-ins, Germanic invaders from 1300 years ago. Still struggling to assimilate and to fit in.

And a classic demonstration is when an englishman looks at a welshman and asks 'why cant you just speak english ?'. The etymology of 'welsh' is to call them 'foreign'. Same as the English who go to Benidorm and then complain about too many spanish roaming about.
the Germans you're referring to are actually house of saxe-coburg ie the present day British royal family. They don't make up the majority of the people in England.

The typical English man would be either a norman from in and around Normandy in French in the North west of France.

Saxons who have been there since before the normans.
left overs from the Roman times and some Norse from the Viking raids

As regards Wales and Scotland they would have been populated by Celts typically from anywhere around the gaul region in France.

The area that is known as Wales and Scotland was largely unpopulated before the Celts got there. It would have been either Marsh or a wooded area.

Modern English is an amalgamation of old English Latin and French mixed with Some Norse.

It definitely isn't Hindi or Swahili

Welsh Scots Gaelic Manx Cornish Irish are all deviations of the ancient homogeneous Celtic language which which has no resemblance to any of the English lowland languages.

A Latin alphabet i.e. similar to English alphabet was adopted to give Celtic languages easily written printed word. the standard ABC written word is not native to the Celtic languages.

It was adopted by Christian monks around the time of the Romans when they wanted to put the oral knowledge of the Celtic languages into the written word.

Dublin 4

Donator
PI Member
The Saxe-Coburgs were originally Jews before becoming Christian.

The Majority of English are Anglo Saxon with a small Norman Aristocracy.

There is also Celtic aspect to the English, especially so in Northumberland & Cumbria, it was once said that there were a race of Pure Celts in Derbyshire.

Tiny bit of Roman too but more so in Wales.

Clanrickard

PI Member
Delegitimization of the concept of racial homogeneoy is the first step towards the agenda of multi culturalism.

I actually can't believe he is still peddling this crap in the middle of this global panic

Fyi being black definitely does not make you Irish. This is a sub arctic country.
The human body needs vitimin d. The sun provids it. White people absorb more vitimin d then black people. Our skin evovled is a result of the need for the body to get as much vit d from the sun as possible coupled that with lack of sunlight compared to countries near the equater.

Black skin evovled to absorb less sun because there is more sun in hotter countrys and survive better in hotter countrys.

Well all I can say is that racists are not usually this open about being racist.

Top Bottom