XTRA Presidential Office 317'000K no audit.

BURNOUT

PI Member
Threads
Remember this has been in operation since 1998 totally unaudited.

So there is a presidential audit committee but they rarely meet (internal audit committee which looks at presidential expenses did not meet until February this year despite being set up in 2014. Chairman was 'indisposed') do not know where the money goes and cannot ask the questions that need to be asked. Are we now just immune to the fact that there are some people being paid to do jobs that they never do, vast sums are paid to offices and no one knows where it goes, no accountability and no one really cares. Is it simply pointless to even ask these questions at all, as listening to some of the TD's retorts (Kate O'Connell) seem to be very against the public knowing about unaudited monies. It's no wonder the like of Gemma O'Doherty is not wanted anywhere near a government office as an investigative journalist.

You're having a laugh:
“What we have is €317,000 per year, provided for under an act. We don’t know what it’s for, it’s an allowance. We don’t know what’s purpose is for, it could be spent theoretically on anything, it mightn’t be spent at all presumably,”

"We want to get to the bottom of the procedures but what we do know is that the Secretary General of the Department of An Taoiseach doesn’t know, the C&AG is not responsible and doesn’t know and the Department of Finance Secretary General doesn’t know, according to yourself C&AG, or doesn’t have a role in auditing that money".

Martin Fraser, Secretary General of the Department of An Taoiseach and the Accounting Officer to the Office of the President said that he was equally unaware what it was used for. “I don’t know, but I presume there’s procedures for dealing with it,”

Jeez, when was the last time your accountant presumed where the money went and signed off on it? It reminds me of Pat Rabbits quote on the electorates cynicism with politics "it's the media's fault". You have to laugh.

OP
OP
BURNOUT

BURNOUT

PI Member
Threads
I hear rent boys up around Malahide is costing the Leprechaun a small fortune.
Is there a truth in this because I only came across references to his 'ahem' in the past few days. Surely in all his years it would have come out by now.

Threads
Supposedly used for hosting visitors.

In which case it should be disclosed and a very boring list of platters of sandwiches...

MDH will be asked about this. And it will be his Achilles heel.

How is it disbursed? Is it ~ 27k a month cash into a nominated account controlled by MDH or does his secretary manage it?

TheKing

King of Fine Gael
Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
the biggest shock is how apparently revealing the expenses is "undemocratic".

No sir, it's undemocratic to hand this obscene amount of money to someone with zero accountability.

I wonder how much Leo gets for a similar fund?

jmcc

PI Member
Threads
Supposedly used for hosting visitors.

In which case it should be disclosed and a very boring list of platters of sandwiches...

MDH will be asked about this. And it will be his Achilles heel.

How is it disbursed? Is it ~ 27k a month cash into a nominated account controlled by MDH or does his secretary manage it?
That and lying about a second term.

TheKing

King of Fine Gael
Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
That and lying about a second term.
Despite all this, the old fart is racing ahead in the polls.

You have to wonder about the electorate, maybe a dictatorship would suit them better.

Top Bottom