WOW, Muslims Patrol New York in Squad cars!

Its not that you can learn from muslims specifically due to them being muslim. Hopeless people do not rebel, people rebel when there is a chance they will get what they want. No different to the muslims in england protesting against their children being thought about cutting their dicks off or sticking things up their arses, whereas the general ethnic british stayed at home, as its them that the totalitarian state and its proponents have been targeting for generations now.

The phrase “a revolution of rising expectations” became popular after World War II. It refers to a situation in which a rise in prosperity and freedom leads people to believe they can improve life for themselves and their families. It leads them to seek political changes that will allow them to pursue opportunity.
It is a truth that tyrants and despots have long known: downtrodden people obey because they believe there is no option; no other action is likely to better their lives. Totalitarian regimes quash any sparkle of nonconformity because it expresses choice and it cannot be controlled.

The same is true of hope. Hopeful people want to control their own lives, and they demand or simply take the political space to do so. They are especially prone to doing so when culture and news flow freely around the globe, allowing people to compare their standard of living and freedoms with those of others. That makes control of information a top priority for regimes that wish to maintain power. Happily, few things are as difficult to contain.
First, a modest increase in prosperity and freedom raises the average person’s expectation of what is possible in life. Second, greater access to resources, especially education and information, raises that person’s awareness of oppression and his unwillingness to tolerate it.

Perhaps that explains why social revolt so often brews in places of opportunity rather than ones of stark oppression. Revolutions flow from universities, where comparatively privileged young people believe change is possible and within their grasp. Revolutionaries notoriously come from the upper or middle class; they are usually people who cannot claim the victimization experienced by the poverty-stricken.

The oppressed are often uninterested in working for social change. Marx called them the “lumpenproletariat” and scorned them for not understanding their own class interest well enough to rise up against the state.
Obviously in the case of the muslims, which are a generally cohesive versus the majority native population, have their own weights regards education, religion, culture, ethnicity etc... and having gotten access to the west, they have seen their lives improve, off the backs of said nations.

They are not going to stop now, just like every other group that is invading western shores or is being created within the native group which further divides the majority and weakens its resolve, Women and power: the revolution of rising expectations | Michael White, or the alphabet people, if you do not put a limit on all this boundless progressivism, these separate groups that some people now associate themselves with, will get something of what they think or are told they want, at the expense of those not in said group, and the original group that created the nation in the first place will be further maligned and abused. This is why there are so many traitors to the main group out there, as they see benefit to themselves within a sub group rather then as part of the whole in the rat race that globalism and multiculturalism brings about.

Also to keep in mind, specifically related to the op, when these minority groups become big enough, they will inevitably look to police and protect their own group. This is exactly what we see in this private security cars. But also to protect themselves from the other minority groups, as they are looking to get as much of the spoils or excess created, whether they created any of that excess is irrelevant, as diversity creates a war of all against all eventually.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
We could teach them a lot more.
Really? Given our pathetic Spiritual state as Irish Catholics I am not sure that is true at all. The Muslims I know here literally put clothes on their fellow believers' backs, literally give people a floor to sleep for the night and literally visit people in prison. They are much more Christian in practice than your average Irish Catholic. Yes I believe they are a problematic presence and if I was in charge of immigration policy they probably would not have been let in but I would never be smug towards or not give credit where credit is due because that would be unjust.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Your type of Conservative is playing a very dangerous game in buying into the whole "Counter-Jihad" thing. There are a lot of Islamic values that are very Christian.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Okay seriously riddle me this, your generation of "conservative Catholic" over the saw basically the destruction of Catholicism in Ireland which had existed here for centuries often under tremendous pressure. You just threw everything that had been handed to you by your ancestors away. Pope John Paul II if we are going to be honest with ourselves did more damage to Catholicism in Ireland than Oliver Cromwell did yet you do not even have the self awareness to see that he was on the worst things to ever happen to Catholicism here. What do you think you have to teach Muslims? The two Muslims we know here keep my asking my husband and I not why we are not Muslim but why we are not Eastern Orthodox Christians because they take Eastern Orthodox Christianity seriously as a Religion but see both Catholicism and Protestantism in their present forms as efffete bourgeois hobbies not really suitable for people serious about God. The time now for the Church in Ireland is one that cannot afford triumphalism, instead it should be one given over the self critique to try and come to some understanding of why we as Catholics have messed up so badly.

Ted

PI Member
Okay seriously riddle me this, your generation of "conservative Catholic" over the saw basically the destruction of Catholicism in Ireland which had existed here for centuries often under tremendous pressure. You just threw everything that had been handed to you by your ancestors away. Pope John Paul II if we are going to be honest with ourselves did more damage to Catholicism in Ireland than Oliver Cromwell did yet you do not even have the self awareness to see that he was on the worst things to ever happen to Catholicism here. What do you think you have to teach Muslims? The two Muslims we know here keep my asking my husband and I not why we are not Muslim but why we are not Eastern Orthodox Christians because they take Eastern Orthodox Christianity seriously as a Religion but see both Catholicism and Protestantism in their present forms as efffete bourgeois hobbies not really suitable for people serious about God. The time now for the Church in Ireland is one that cannot afford triumphalism, instead it should be one given over the self critique to try and come to some understanding of why we as Catholics have messed up so badly.
Again, I'm sure you're trying to make a point.
Be Muslim, Orthodox , Catholic, Atheist or whatever floats your boat.

'We' have very different ideas of what it means to be Catholic. You seem to spend your time being an "almost Catholic" but idling by the escape hatch in case you're no longer cool.

Christ was abandoned by those he counted as his friends and neighbours. What has changed?

Top Bottom