Would you vote for a DUP candidate if they stood in the Republic?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2544
  • Start date
  • Replies 76
  • Views 6K

Macushla

PI Member
I'd vote for any party with a Pro Life ethos. Needless to say, I wouldn't not vote for any Abortionist party - regardless of what other polices they might have. In short, I certainly would vote for the DUP.
What a twisted situation we're in where a communist republican would vote for the DUP.

ladyboyne

PI Member
Fuck me. The DUP propping up Mrs Fucking May is enough to boil my piss. Principled they are not. The amnesia of some who would run to a bunch of venal shitheads who gleefully had their boot firmly on the throats of Roman Catholics in the North of Ireland and would still be today if they truly had their bigoted way. Staggering.
They are JESUS FREAKS , So what do you expect, ??///Love ,Compassio,Humility,.

Esto Praesidium

PI Member
DUP presumably would be advocating for our country to rejoin UK, if they ran for election here.

I couldn't support that policy.
Why not? The Stuarts (excluding Seamus I) were more pro-Irish than the pseudo-Fenian FGers and FFers ever were.

A Gaelic speaking Ireland in a union of three separate kingdoms under a Christian absolute monarch would be better than what we have now.

Esto Praesidium

PI Member
I understand the principle about the DUP being anti abortion. I also understand how Sein Fein have gone liberalist. However, the DUP only care about the union and the revenue. They don't give two shits about Eire. As an outsider, I find it incongruous that any person wanting a united Ireland could possibly consider giving their vote on these self serving, corrupt, intransigent, tribalist bullies. If they could turn the clock back 40 years that would. They are unfit to govern. As an English republican, I can't stand the fact we are now lumbered with these tossers.
The Shinner Martina Anderson is every bit a tribalist that the DUPers are, she makes a point of supporting abortion and LGBT just because themuns are against.

At least the Free Presbyterians care enough to send missionaries down to "Eire", door to door, and preachers in town centres to convert us Papists.

OP
R

Retired Member

Non Registered Member
Very interesting proposal.
I’d have to say yes, they are now more Irish that FFG, Greens pbp blah blah.

Wolf

Donator
PI Member
Says the man who said Ireland was never a nation.
You think Ireland was ever a nation?
It was part of the Brit empire and, 100+ years on from the rising, is now a partitioned statelet.
A nation my hole.
When so called republicans are expressing their will to vote for Brit unionists one can be certain the statelet has been an abysmal FFailure....
Up to its bollix in debt, corruption, incompetence with a corrupt police force, a failing public health system and where the basics of housing are out of reach of the average person, who is at the same time being replaced by third world scroungers....
Get a grip.

Esto Praesidium

PI Member
You think Ireland was ever a nation?
It was part of the Brit empire and, 100+ years on from the rising, is now a partitioned statelet.
A nation my hole.
When so called republicans are expressing their will to vote for Brit unionists one can be certain the statelet has been an abysmal FFailure....
Well if we never were a nation, what is point of "nationalism" then for "Paddy" as you so often condescendingly call him?

Nothing happened in 1014? Brian Boru never existed?

Wolf

Donator
PI Member
Well if we never were a nation, what is point of "nationalism" then for "Paddy" as you so often condescendingly call him?

Nothing happened in 1014? Brian Boru never existed?
The only relevance Boru has to modern Ireland is the shite vodka paddy has named after him...
That's the problem with paddy, still stuck in the past and no idea or will to actually become 'a nation once again'...
Pissed on shite vodka, singing a shite song on the 17th of march is as close as it gets.....
Dickhead nation.

Top Bottom