Would you vote for a DUP candidate if they stood in the Republic?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2544
  • Start date

The Equaliser

Staff member
PI Member
Threads
Fuck me. The DUP propping up Mrs Fucking May is enough to boil my piss. Principled they are not. The amnesia of some who would run to a bunch of venal shitheads who gleefully had their boot firmly on the throats of Roman Catholics in the North of Ireland and would still be today if they truly had their bigoted way. Staggering.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 2544

Non Registered Member
Fuck me. The DUP propping up Mrs Fucking May is enough to boil my piss. Principled they are not. The amnesia of some who would run to a bunch of venal shitheads who gleefully had their boot firmly on the throats of Roman Catholics in the North of Ireland and would still be today if they truly had their bigoted way. Staggering.
That's a fair enough comment. I didn't live through the troubles so I'm probably a bit naive. The fact is, though, that there is no pro-life party in the Republic. This is a travesty for a lot of people.

Here's a Catholic UCD academic who joined the DUP
PressReader.com - Connecting People Through News

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads

It's all a matter of degrees. Now the DUP are saving the lives of Irish children, while Shít Féin is demanding that the English Régime build abortion abattoirs to kill our children in.

The Equaliser

Staff member
PI Member
Threads
It's all a matter of degrees. Now the DUP are saving the lives of Irish children, while Shít Féin is demanding that the English Régime build abortion abattoirs to kill our children in.
I understand the principle about the DUP being anti abortion. I also understand how Sein Fein have gone liberalist. However, the DUP only care about the union and the revenue. They don't give two shits about Eire. As an outsider, I find it incongruous that any person wanting a united Ireland could possibly consider giving their vote on these self serving, corrupt, intransigent, tribalist bullies. If they could turn the clock back 40 years that would. They are unfit to govern. As an English republican, I can't stand the fact we are now lumbered with these tossers.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
I understand the principle about the DUP being anti abortion. I also understand how Sein Fein have gone liberalist. However, the DUP only care about the union and the revenue. They don't give two shits about Eire. As an outsider, I find it incongruous that any person wanting a united Ireland could possibly consider giving their vote on these self serving, corrupt, intransigent, tribalist bullies. If they could turn the clock back 40 years that would. They are unfit to govern. As an English republican, I can't stand the fact we are now lumbered with these tossers.

Yes, of course you are correct. But, we live in such times that we must give high praise to anyone who doesn't actually murder children.

Threads
I'd vote for any party with a Pro Life ethos. Needless to say, I wouldn't not vote for any Abortionist party - regardless of what other polices they might have. In short, I certainly would vote for the DUP.
Of course you would you recently argued in favour of the Union.
No real surprise then that you would vote for a party of the Union.

Threads

Threads
You do realize that those posting are only trolling the conversation
That nationalists in the north or republicans in the south (everyone in the south is a republican )
On fear of shamming all belonging to them would not or could not consider them
It would be like you considering the bnp (imagine if they had ever had had a say

Top Bottom