Would the Irish government go so far to rig an election/referendum?

Astrid

Political Irish
Threads
Would the Irish government rig an election or a referendum?

I would have never considered this previously but in this election, I have noticed a few things that have given me thought to wonder?

I noticed this video the other day, posted on here. It is from the Lisbon treaty 2nd referendum, clearly, there is something very suspicious about the ballot boxes here.

Ireland voted no in the first referendum and yet one year later we voted Yes? After this, we were shafted by Europe on banking debt and yet despite the way we were treated and previously voting No, we are now one of the countries who love the EU the most?

Irish people in favour of the EU goes over 90% for the first time
Irish people in favour of the EU goes over 90% for the first time

I find it hard to believe that a country who told the EU to feck off and then was forced to vote again to get the vote right and then shafted by them over banking debt would now have a change of heart and love the EU.

Fast forward to the abortion referendum and we have the Yes side assured of a win, all the polls are showing a big win for the Yes side, we have Leo coming out and claiming he can't imagine them loosing.

We had the rigged Oireachtas Committee Hearings which had 2 pro-life supporters and 8 pro-choice supporters. A vote was taken to call a referendum before any evidence was handed back for them to consider.

RTE and TV3 along with Radio, online papers like the Journal and newspapers have all been pro-choice with a clear bias to push pro-choice stories and blacken those who are pro-life.

we see all the money being pumped into the YES vote, all main government parties supporting a yes vote.

Its as if they cant loose, would they ever let a NO vote prevail?

Other evidence shows a lot of the unfair tactics, bogus and fakery tricks they have played, including the contrived (U.S. based Atlantic Philanthropies/Chuck Feeney funded brainchild) Citizens Assembly (https://www.irishtimes.com/news/chuc...-idea-1.570401
where Feeney’s organisation provided in excess of $17M+ to underwrite the successful SSM referendum campaign.
Sources:
https://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/b...aign-1.2205469
Follow the Money: American Entity Funded Irish Same-Sex ‘Marriage’ Campaign

$1.1 million was handed to the National Women’s Council of Ireland, who also started to push abortion hard, lobbying politicians and holding pro-abortion conferences, and then started to attack women who publicly said that they regretted their abortions.

The Irish Council for Civil Liberties who used to raise around €9000 a year, have had a huge cash injection of $11.3 million dollars of Feeney’s money which has transformed them into a major abortion campaigner. Feeney then gave $5.1 million to Amnesty Ireland who is now pushing abortion full steam with huge spending on corporate-style events and music festivals to demand abortion be legalised as if killing babies was a human ‘right’.

$236,850 was also given to the Family Planning Association in the north of Ireland to fund a court case to challenge a ban on abortion there – FPA is an associate of the Planned Parenthood Federation who previously was caught on camera arranging the sale of the body parts of babies they have aborted. Source: At least $18 million from abroad is funding a massive abortion push in Ireland. This is not a fair fight. : The Life Institute

I believe the government learnt their lesson with Lisbon 1, they know how damaging it is to lose a referendum and how it dampens their agenda, I fear that like Lisbon 2 the media is influenced to support a certain agenda and then pushes this onto people to make them feel guilty if they vote any other way.

The same Sex marriage Referendum is a perfect example of how people can be made to feel guilty because they are not voting for the claimed majority so you must be against equality.

I have come to the conclusion that our elections are rigged, and I believe it is done in two ways.

1. The result is predecided, it will suit the government's agenda and sponsors.
2. A huge media campaign to demonise anyone who goes against said agenda, claim fake poll results as the majority of feeling in the country so to guilt people into voting a certain way or to heard the sheep likewise.

Further reading.

Supreme Court says Government's Referendum site 'not fair, equal or impartial'
The Supreme Court says the government’s literature is not impartial, and therefore an inappropriate use of public money.
Supreme Court says Government's Referendum site 'not fair, equal or impartial'

Challenge to use of State funds in Children's Referendum campaign
Challenge to use of State funds in referendum

Threads
From what you say, they have already rigged it through the run-up to it. This country hasn't had a fair referendum in years. The government always took a position, and the levers to influence it. It's become the accepted practice for major referendum now.

Let us hope the "wisdom of crowds" is actually wise enough to see through it all, think for themselves, and still has compassion for all people (even those not yet with us), not just their own self-interests or personal grudges to excise.

Last edited:

2pacs

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
The government arent smart enough to do something like this, but with someone like Soros pulling the strings then I bet there is something going on.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Threads
I don't think there will be serious rigging this time around because they are currently to cocky and self assured however I suspect that if we get a re-run of the referendum in the case of a No victory this time than we will see than serious electoral fraud.

GodsDog

PI Member
Threads
Who needs referendum rigging when you have
Ronan Mullen and IONA institute there to fuck it up for the NO side!! Laugh with tongue out

GodsDog

PI Member
Threads
However yes voters, please make sure to bring your own indelible pen instead of using the pencils supplied
just to be sure some forced birther zealot garda and his forced birther chums can't rub out your yes votes overnight!! Laugh with tongue out

Superhans

Site Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Donator
Premium Account
Threads
Who needs referendum rigging when you have
Ronan Mullen and IONA institute there to fuck it up for the NO side!! Laugh with tongue out
As a Yes voter GD, what do you think of the OP, do you not think some things are suspect?

GodsDog

PI Member
Threads
There was plenty of money coming in for the NO side too which the "forced birther" OP forgot to mention.
ALL foreign money should have been blocked for both sides. It's not for foreigners to dictate our voting.

Also, I've always found the whole quaint overnight "trusting a garda with the votes" thing rather suspect.
I've also always found the whole using a pencil to vote thing rather suspect too, hence my last post.

However previous results show that so far our referenda have been more or less fair.

Mainly because It's so easy to fool most of our idiot electorate with propaganda and soundbites
that there is really no need to implement a clumsy vote altering plan B.

Mind you in the case of Lisbon II, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that a little skullduggery took place
given that there was so much loot at stake!

Superhans

Site Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Donator
Premium Account
Threads
I've always found the whole overnight "trusting a garda with the votes" thing rather suspect.
I've also always found the whole using a pencil to vote thing rather suspect too, hence my last post.

However previous results show that so far our referenda have been more or less fair.

Mainly because It's so easy to fool most of our idiot electorate with propaganda and soundbites

Mind you in the case of Lisbon II, I wouldn't be surprised if a little skullduggery took place
because there was so much loot at stake!

You are voting Yes are you not? ;)

Top Bottom