World cup general thread

TheWexfordInn

Donator
Premium Account
I don't get that tweet.
Anyone who has been in England in the last week will have heard endless and endless and endless refrains of Baddiels World Cup Football song where the chorus is "Its coming home,Its coming home,Its coming home,Footballs coming home".

Baddiel is starting the singing off again!

headingley,leeds
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Id avoid headingley via any transport method currently <a href="News about #ENG on Twitter">#ENG</a> <a href="Lorna on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/wHE2oxh5GT</a></p>&mdash; Lorna (@Lorna_Owens25) <a href="">7 July 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Scenes in headingley <a href="Rich Holden on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/80T6GCoR5g</a></p>&mdash; Rich Holden (@Rich_holden) <a href="">7 July 2018</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

could be worse.....A Colombian celebration

Last edited:
I hope Croatia wins, if Ingerlund win we'll never hear the end of their great multicultural world cup winning side, and how they couldn't win the world cup if it wasn't for immigration. The memories of 66 will be erased from history and in future people will be told this was from a prehistoric age when everyone was waycist. I can see it now

TheWexfordInn

Donator
Premium Account
I hope Croatia wins, if Ingerlund win we'll never hear the end of their great multicultural world cup winning side, and how they couldn't win the world cup if it wasn't for immigration. The memories of 66 will be erased from history and in future people will be told this was from a prehistoric age when everyone was waycist. I can see it now
Interesting take - most of the arguments Ive heard along this line have been from a different side of the political spectrum - ie that an Enggerland win will promote Brexit and Xenophobia.

i do hope England win. seen a tweet yesterday that not one British official was present at the END/SWE match. that along with May's brexit cop out shows that the British govt hate their people as much as the Irish government hate theirs.

Murtinho

Donator
Premium Account
I have to say, in terms of pure excitement and nervous tension, the Croatia Russia match is one of the best I've ever seen.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
Premium Account
I have to say, in terms of pure excitement and nervous tension, the Croatia Russia match is one of the best I've ever seen.
I think it depends if you have any interest in the outcome. Personally I didn't have any preference between Croatia and Russia and I found it quite dull. I gave up watching after 90 mins and got the result this morning.

Top Bottom