Wonderful film version of Wagner's Parsifal

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
I think it is a very successful merging of the art of film and music. Really worth watching.

Tom

Eirú Sean Gael
PI Member
Will watch and download when I have time. how does it compare to Hans Jürgen Syberberg 1982 version.

Had the good fortune to see it in Bayreuth in 79 lottery and again in 84 (6 years waiting list), Back then I didn't have much money, ticket prices for the cheap seats were about DM 45, almost a days wages back then if I remember right (€22), Couldn't afford a hotel, travelled two and a half hours each way and I wasn't the only one on the train in a tuxedo.

La Scala in Milan has a similar system for the blue collar. When I worked in Europe as a lad I planned my holidays around great cultural events in the hope of getting cheap tickets.

I'd give Parsifal about 10 more years before the left start censoring it due to it various under and overtones.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Will watch and download when I have time. how does it compare to Hans Jürgen Syberberg 1982 version.

Had the good fortune to see it in Bayreuth in 79 lottery and again in 84 (6 years waiting list), Back then I didn't have much money, ticket prices for the cheap seats were about DM 45, almost a days wages back then if I remember right (€22), Couldn't afford a hotel, travelled two and a half hours each way and I wasn't the only one on the train in a tuxedo.

La Scala in Milan has a similar system for the blue collar. When I worked in Europe as a lad I planned my holidays around great cultural events in the hope of getting cheap tickets.

I'd give Parsifal about 10 more years before the left start censoring it due to it various under and overtones.

I haven't seen that a chara. A trip to Bayreuth is certainly an ambition of mine. Fair play to you for making such a big effort - you certainly had your priorities right at such a young age.

Top Bottom