• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Morgoth's Review Why The Conservative Party Conserves Nothing

ShumanTheHuman

Donator
PI Member
Morgoth breaks down the futility of the individual voting Tory in expectation of them protecting and cherishing their way of life . After the drubbing of Labour in the last election, rejected by their traditional base having turned their back on their concerns, needs and desires, will the Working Class (old and new) Tories and the traditional Middle Class Blue rinse brigade and Village Green cricket players wake up to the unconservative nature of the Tories?

Article used in the video showing breakdown of the top Tory donors

Last edited:

The Equaliser

Donator
PI Member
Margret Thatcher broke the back of traditional England - and handed the remains over to the boys in the City of London.
Yes, she was an out and out capitalist first and foremost. She would sell her own Grandmothers if it were profitable.
Her love of freemarkets was a pre cursor to the EU thuggery.
Having said all this, she was still more conservative than any of the current shitbags. But then, I am more conservative than these current lot and I despise conservatism. It's a crazy madhouse.

OP
ShumanTheHuman

ShumanTheHuman

Donator
PI Member
Yes, she was an out and out capitalist first and foremost. She would sell her own Grandmothers if it were profitable.
Having said all this, she was still more conservative than any of the current shitbags. But then, I am more conservative than these current lot and I despise conservatism. It's a crazy madhouse.
I remember seeing David Mellor The Minister for Fun, sneering at a Labour member back in the early 90s having bemoaned the loss of the North traditional industries under Thatcher, saying "I've always said: Labour are the real conservatives"

This attitude is in the DNA of the Tory's for decades.

PO'Neill

PI Member
Thatcher was heavily influenced by Milton Friedman who was a big supporter of free trade.

No doubt about it the EU was the dream of the classical liberal up to a point. Free trade between 27 nations and then negotiate as a block to do free trade deals with all of the rest of the world. They are well on the way to that.

This is why the like of Corbyn, the Irish labour party, Official SF,Provisonal SF etc were against the project in the 70s. Now they claim to support the project.

Ironically the likes of Thatcher,Friedman turned against the EU project because all they really desired was free trade. They seen what a huge problem the Euros would cause and how the EU would take away too much power from national governments.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Thatcher was heavily influenced by Milton Friedman who was a big supporter of free trade.

No doubt about it the EU was the dream of the classical liberal up to a point. Free trade between 27 nations and then negotiate as a block to do free trade deals with all of the rest of the world. They are well on the way to that.

This is why the like of Corbyn, the Irish labour party, Official SF,Provisonal SF etc were against the project in the 70s. Now they claim to support the project.

Ironically the likes of Thatcher,Friedman turned against the EU project because all they really desired was free trade. They seen what a huge problem the Euros would cause and how the EU would take away too much power from national governments.

The Brits and the Seppos only liked free trade as soon as their industry secured a commanding position in the world. Up until that, they were very much against free trade. They used tariffs to protect their own industry while it was growing.

Myles O'Reilly

Donator
PI Member
PI Member
PI Member
PI Member
Top Bloke
I am more conservative than these current lot and I despise conservatism. It's a crazy madhouse.
I still call myself center left yet today's left would consider me far right!

The Equaliser

Donator
PI Member
I still call myself center left yet today's left would consider me far right!
The nomenclature of far right is losing currency. If you try to oppose multiculturalism, globalism, transgenderism and at the same time promote the family and national identity, you are considered far right. There are a lot of far right folk on these islands.

Anglophile

PI Member
Margret Thatcher broke the back of traditional England - and handed the remains over to the boys in the City of London.
The City of London was thriving even before the great Margaret took over. She just enhanced British business, which benefited the nation.

Remember that the next time you're giving us your 'Market Tips'..... :)(y)

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
The City of London was thriving even before the great Margaret took over. She just enhanced British business, which benefited the nation.

Remember that the next time you're giving us your 'Market Tips'..... :)(y)

Thatcher financialized England (and the Celtic colonies too, alas). In short, she turned the population into debt slaves. The City of London was powerful before Thatcher, but she handed the ruling of England directly over to them. There wasn't even the pretense of a democratic government any more.

Anglophile

PI Member
Thatcher financialized England (and the Celtic colonies too, alas). In short, she turned the population into debt slaves. The City of London was powerful before Thatcher, but she handed the ruling of England directly over to them. There wasn't even the pretense of a democratic government any more.
The Tories later lost general elections afterwards, in any event. ;)

Top Bottom