Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

COVID-19 Why is the Irish vaccination programme so pathetic?

The Field Marshal

PI Member
If supply is available : vaccines should be dispensed 24/7.
There are enough medical professionals and recently retired medical professionals in our country to be able to dispense vaccines 24/7 basis.
3 daily shifts of 8 hours each.

Logistically there should not be any issue whatsoever so long as vaccine supply is there.

It would be economically far far cheaper to dispense vaccines 24/7, than it is to pay PUP, TWSS, Provide buisness supports.
It is forbidden for the average Irish civil servant to be asked to work unsociable hours.
That means maximum 35 hour week.
Many of these public servants now work from home so you can imagine how productivity is going to suffer.

In the average state servants office morning and afternoon tea breaks require one hour in total.
Any decision that needs to be made has to pass at least three layers and usually more for approval.

But now the Irish civil service in the persons of Nolan and Holohan rule the country by diktat and elective democratic accountability is dead.

page61

PI Member
A
It is forbidden for the average Irish civil servant to be asked to work unsociable hours.
That means maximum 35 hour week.
Many of these public servants now work from home so you can imagine how productivity is going to suffer.

In the average state servants office morning and afternoon tea breaks require one hour in total.
Any decision that needs to be made has to pass at least three layers and usually more for approval.

But now the Irish civil service in the persons of Nolan and Holohan rule the country by diktat and elective democratic accountability is dead.

Its 37.5 hours PW
Morning tea break is 10 mins and there is no afternoon tea break.

As for accountability, I agree , there is none.

Wolfe Tone

PI Member
Regardless of issue of vaccine hestiancy, the Covid pandemic has shown just how utterly woeful the health services of the UK and Ireland are. And to listen to some people they think that the foreigners come here to get their hands on the NHS service?? lol In my experience I know that foreigners go home to the likes of Poland and Lithuania for non emergency care.
To think that the country is being shut down because the health services have crashed. The other day I see in the media that Nphet want the lockdown to continue until the hospitals etc work their way through the back-logged operations etc?
And then the fuckers dance and we clap? fuck off. A complete rethinking of health provision is needed but wont happen as these island are also populated with morons.

Last edited:

Wolfe Tone

PI Member
Ireland is a very Un-Important Vassal Colony of the Eu. Why would the Eu be worried about what is happening to it Taigs ? ?
The EU are not worried and the governing classes are not worried, but ultimately its the Irish people who care the least.

@graceland.com

PI Member
PI Member
The reason our vaccine rollout is so poor is because the HSE is running it and the HSE is the most bloated incompetent organisation in the world.
The HSE is simply a vehicles for people to have a nice handy living while swanning about as if they are some kind of heroes and are there to help people , there are some good people I it yes, but it's all about nepotism, unless it's a position thry can't fill within their own gene pool , that's the management.
The staff are a mixture of careerists , opportunists and genuine people who want to help people.

Why would they suddenly become efficient when a pandemic arrives, I am not the least bit surprised at their pathetic response, isn't that the norm for them.

@graceland.com

PI Member
PI Member
If supply is available : vaccines should be dispensed 24/7.
There are enough medical professionals and recently retired medical professionals in our country to be able to dispense vaccines 24/7 basis.
3 daily shifts of 8 hours each.

Logistically there should not be any issue whatsoever so long as vaccine supply is there.

It would be economically far far cheaper to dispense vaccines 24/7, than it is to pay PUP, TWSS, Provide buisness supports.
You seen what happened when they out out Ireland's call,

70k people were available to come back to Ireland and help, they used abiut 17 of them.

Charlottesweb

PI Member
The HSE is simply a vehicles for people to have a nice handy living while swanning about as if they are some kind of heroes and are there to help people , there are some good people I it yes, but it's all about nepotism, unless it's a position thry can't fill within their own gene pool , that's the management.
The staff are a mixture of careerists , opportunists and genuine people who want to help people.

Why would they suddenly become efficient when a pandemic arrives, I am not the least bit surprised at their pathetic response, isn't that the norm for them.

Replace HSE with civil service as a whole id say. I always found it odd, that the media group all public servants together when nurses, teachers doctors etc are a world away from the lazy shower of wasters that operate in the civil service as administrators.

I agree with you that there are decent people there but the lazy do nothing culture is pervasive throughout civil servants, always has been.

@graceland.com

PI Member
PI Member
Replace HSE with civil service as a whole id say. I always found it odd, that the media group all public servants together when nurses, teachers doctors etc are a world away from the lazy shower of wasters that operate in the civil service as administrators.

I agree with you that there are decent people there but the lazy do nothing culture is pervasive throughout civil servants, always has been.
The problem also is if you try to do your job properly and it comes in conflict with established bad practise by colleagues they will turn on you if it means they have to do more work to do The job properly.

Wolfe Tone

PI Member
The West's Awake...

New Avenger

PI Member
I won't be taking the vaccine so for me I don't really care how long they take, the longer the better I say because we can watch all those guinea pigs in the UK, Israel, and the rest of the world and see what happens to those early takers.

However I accept there are some sheep that are desperate for the vaccine so you have to ask yourself why the Irish government is struggling to vaccinate in the numbers that we see in other EU countries?

David McWilliams asks this very same question.

Simple answer.
It's Ireland.

Top Bottom