Why is RTÉ Comedy so Lame and Crap?

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Maybe, we're just getting old.

No doubt we are, but I know comedians who are totally against mass immigration, and make jokes about it in private, but wouldn't dare to do so in public. Their careers would be over immediately. This is a pressure that's coming down to the club level from the BBC and RTÉ.

Much of the line at RTE is dictated from Ballsbridge and from the unaccountable EU elite globalist propaganda manual.

Russia....blah blah......Assad must go.....blah blah....North Korea.....blah blah.....Duterte.....blah blah......Venezuela....blah blah....Gadaffi....blah blah.
Straight out of the arse of the state department and EU policy wonks mostly.

Cultural imperialism at it's finest. We are being assimilated by vapid US mongrel culture through our TVs.
Just listen to the kids talk these days if you want proof.

Every sentence is raised at the end in a question and peppered with the word "like"
and now many people here following american football and joining cheerleading groups FFS.

We're even starting to become a nation of fat ugly fucks just like the yanks!
We seem to worship idiot celebrities as much as they do these days
and all I hear/see around me are mindless PC knee jerk responses, identity politics and zombie consumerism.

All very sad!

I grew up watching Jim Davidson, Alf Garnett, Bernard Manning etc.

Around tea-time Manning would be on the telly talking telling Pakistani jokes.
The sit-coms was almost entirely based on highlighting national stereotypes.
I think stereotypes are hilarious. Even when we are the butt of the humour.

I don't think Russel Brand has even made me smile, never mind laugh.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
I grew up watching Jim Davidson, Alf Garnett, Bernard Manning etc.

Around tea-time Manning would be on the telly talking telling Pakistani jokes.
The sit-coms was almost entirely based on highlighting national stereotypes.
I think stereotypes are hilarious. Even when we are the butt of the humour.

I don't think Russel Brand has even made me smile, never mind laugh.

This is a classic,

some of the funniest people out there are on this site if u ask me. wud luv to see a sitcom based on the colonel, sword, irish warrior, roc, dogsgod and a few others here who all live in the same flat complex but dont know that their on line sparring partners live in the same building. the colonel lives in the basement and pisses everyone off by hanging his teabags out on the line for re-use and plays the korean national anthem full blast evry nite before he goes to bed. roc is actually a nice guy who fancies sword, dogs god is a big poodle and irish warrior is a little 90 year old lady who is always trying to jump on the colonels bones. and im the landlord from hell. now that bates brigid and eamon any day.

some of the funniest people out there are on this site if u ask me. wud luv to see a sitcom based on the colonel, sword, irish warrior, roc, dogsgod and a few others here who all live in the same flat complex but dont know that their on line sparring partners live in the same building. the colonel lives in the basement and pisses everyone off by hanging his teabags out on the line for re-use and plays the korean national anthem full blast evry nite before he goes to bed. roc is actually a nice guy who fancies sword, dogs god is a big poodle and irish warrior is a little 90 year old lady who is always trying to jump on the colonels bones. and im the landlord from hell. now that bates brigid and eamon any day.

Yes, I visit Liveleak, Daily Mail and other places, not just to watch videos or read the news, but to read the comments.
They are certainly funny, but are a more accurate barometer of public opinion than say opinion polls.

Kershaw

Premium Account
I reckon someone smart could put together a comedy on youtube touching all the taboo topics and satirise the establishment while slaughtering their sacred cows. We can't be waiting for RTÉ to do it. Doesn't even have to be video. It could be in the mould of Scrap Saturday. Didn't Hardy Bucks start on youtube with little skits and nobody funding them.

I think RTE was always out of touch regarding comedy.
Even in the 70s and 80s it was dire.
They rejected the Father Ted concept, and instead pushed Twink and that fat fella who dressed up as a schoolboy.

OP
OP
Tadhg Gaelach

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account

That's actually a great idea for a sitcom. Someone should just do it on You Tube on a super low budget - but then You Tube is coming under the cosh now too.