Why don't Sinn Féin merge with Fine Gael or call themselves the PD's?

Tobias

Donator
Premium Account
SF need to split with those in the North and the party in the South Needs to rid themselves with people like Gerry. Only then can they move forward. Pearse Doherty is the future of the party and only behind him can they ditch the past and the wish washy liberal ideas that the current leadership have hanging over them.

Art

Donator
Premium Account
Good intentions, road to hell. It's probably a bit OTT criticizing them in the manner I did, but suicide is always going to be a controversial subject to discuss. I don't accept that Pieta House has made any progress with Suicide Prevention in over a decade, so I think it's obvious that a change in thinking and action is required. It's a battle that the working class need to win themselves, in a parallel manner to the way in which the working class need to win the battle against homelessness. Home Sweet Home are affiliated to the RISE Foundation, and the RISE Foundation is sponsored by the Independent and KPMG who are co-partners. They are hardly going to fund a movement seizing anything more than an empty block of offices, which has already been listed for demolition are they?

Approximately one mile away, the elected representatives of the very same Political Party's, erected anti-homeless spikes outside their council offices recently. That initiative coincided with another initiative in between Apollo House and Merchants Quay, which was instigated by another mysterious group named the Aisling Group International and the U2 band manager, 'I was attacked by a drug addict' - U2 hotel manager opposes injection ... supported by the local Teachers Union spokeswoman, which also coincided with an initiative to have sprinklers erected outside an Ink Shop, which is also located near Merchants Quay. The Public Meeting in the Clarence Hotel was organized by the Business Class advocating the stick, and the Business Class sponsoring the other initiative are advocating the carrot.

On the one hand I would love nothing more than to see both Pieta House and Home Sweet Home thrive, but on the other hand I live in the real world, and I think this will expose the so-called Irish Left as the Liberals that they are. I don't see anything radical about Home Sweet Home, and I think the manner in which Jim Sheridan launched the campaign, was deeply offensive to the thousands of working class heroes who have been manning the trenches for the past 30-40 years. When push came to shove, Ogle showed that he's a Sheridan man, who knows quite well where his bread is buttered.

Protests have been organized in Ballyfermot, Ballymun, Blanchardstown, Clondalkin, Francis Street, Finglas, Tallaght and elsewhere against various different substandard-infill Public Housing programs. There's approximately 8-10 different Traveler Public Housing projects, within a three mile radius of Cherry Orchard in Ballyfermot which is in Dublin 12. There's approximately 800 homeless people already accommodated in hostels, within a one mile radius of Francis Street in Dublin 8. There's nothing but Public Housing in these areas. They will suffocate with additional housing of any description. More people live in Tallaght and Clondalkin in west Dublin, than in Galway city, Limerick city or Derry city.

In comparison there's less than 50 people accommodated in hostels in the entire South East Dublin region, which covers Dublin 4 and Dublin 6, and that is of course also where the bulk of the leaders of Home Sweet Home come from as well as Wexford. WTF does a professional musician from Donegal know about homelessness in Dublin 2? Likewise with people from Dublin 4, Galway and Wexford?

€2oo,000+ is enough deposits for approximately 200 people to rent houses in groups of threes and fours, and I think every resident of Apollo House should be offered the option of renting a private house. The homeless themselves haven't been given that option so far, from what I have heard. €5,000 for 3-4 people is a months rent and deposit. Surely there's 200 from 6,500+ who are willing to rent private and move on?
That is only because you haven't a fucking clue of what you are talking about.

With regard to Pieta House I personally know two people who had suicidal tendencies who were given terrific counselling and support by Pietta house. Thankfully both of them are now past the crisis which led them to seek help.

With regard to homelessness - enriching private landlords to put a roof over someone's head for a few weeks until the money runs out hardly meets their long term needs. This is so fucking obvious I am astonished I have to point it out to you.

Top Bottom