Why does the Irish media report every job gain but never job losses?

I've heard all the stories about how RTE is Pravada and TV3 owe a ton of money to the state, but its starting to really grind me now that the feel-good propaganda is everywhere.

I'm talking about job announcements, today listening to a regular radio station the propaganda was in full flow,

"30 new Jobs for the Dublin region."

WOW, hold the press 30 fucking jobs!

It gets even better,

" To be implemented over the next 5 years"

That's 6 new fuckin jobs a year!

Whoopee!

Really though, what is this all about, are the Irish so tedious that we must report every single job gain this country has, I could understand if a large company announced thousands of jobs, that's news. Announcing minuscule jobs that are spread over x amount of years is not news.

Does anyone even check that after X amount of years these jobs ever materialised?

Does anyone ever check what kind of jobs they are, full time, part time, zero hour contract, even temporary?

Why do we never hear about Job loses? That news is never reported.

sandy beaches

Political Irish
I've heard all the stories about how RTE is Pravada and TV3 owe a ton of money to the state, but its starting to really grind me now that the feel-good propaganda is everywhere.

I'm talking about job announcements, today listening to a regular radio station the propaganda was in full flow,

It gets even better,

Whoopee!

Really though, what is this all about, are the Irish so tedious that we must report every single job gain this country has, I could understand if a large company announced thousands of jobs, that's news. Announcing minuscule jobs that are spread over x amount of years is not news.

Does anyone even check that after X amount of years these jobs ever materialised?

Does anyone ever check what kind of jobs they are, full time, part time, zero hour contract, even temporary?

A lot of the jobs are IDA backed, these companies receive large funds to create these jobs, id be more worried about the IDA checking that these jobs materialise or the companies don't take the money and run.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
It seems everything in the media is part of the regime though, surely there must be something independent out there that reports the truth?

One would like to think so, but I don't think we can say that sex abuse in RTÉ was exposed by RTÉ themselves. It took some patriotic English people to do it.

It gets even better,

Whoopee!

Bull.
Job losses are always reported as well. We are on the way up- so naturally you get more news about job creation. You find reports about losses as well if you open your eyes:
Ericsson 'regrets' cuts as more than 100 of its Irish staff lose their jobs
Why don't you snap out of your doomesday delirium and enjoy the good times coming back ?

It gets even better,

Whoopee!

Are you upset about new jobs, buddy.?

Anderson

Take the red pill
Donator
Premium Account

Dublin 4

Donator
Premium Account