Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

Why do voters in Ireland continue to vote for Gobdaws ?

Wolf

PI Member
woofie,
Can ou post up the FG/FF policies on Mass Migration. For a head start, try the Dept of Justice website ,or just use Gearoid Murphy expose on the Migration Policy.
Why would I post the policies of scum?
Any sign of a costed NP policy at all?

Wolf

PI Member
Love people who spend their lives shilling for the 'national (destruction) party' yet cannot post up one single costed policy of their heroes.
Jokers!

bells of shandon

PI Member
As any economist can tell you ,you cannot cost a variable, fluctuating economy,especially in Ireland ,which does not have control over its currency issue.We are shackled by the Euro and a prisoner of the Bond Markets.
What the National [Party will do , is stop Mass Migration,deport illegals and clean up the corruption in all our institutions and re-introduce Capital punishment for treason and state corruption. That should swell the state coffers.

Wolf

PI Member
As any economist can tell you ,you cannot cost a variable, fluctuating economy,especially in Ireland ,which does not have control over its currency issue.We are shackled by the Euro and a prisoner of the Bond Markets.
How will Justin change all that?
What's his proposal?
Who will fund Ireland if we don't borrow on the bond markets?
If we leave the Euro, how will that affect interest rates here?

Last edited:

datsunireland

PI Member
The men of 1916 went out and fought a 'forlorn hope' revolution. It was a catalyst for the fight for Independence. I for one am not lying down and surrendering as long as there is breath in my body. We owe it to future generations of Ireland to fight a Resistance, as did our ancestors ,who fought and lost many battles ,but persevered and eventually won a degree of Independence.
This Independence was cheaply surrendered to the EU, by an incompetent and traitorous Govt.
Our Enemy is within the gates, and in plain sight. FG/FG are the problem. They must be removed before change is possible in Ireland
I played the beautiful oration from Stonewall Jackson from the Irish Patriot this morning at 630am. It was for the benefit of my 22 yr old son on his way out to work. Hoping to subconsciously let him know and be educated about the state of his country.

bells of shandon

PI Member
woofiem you are an economic naif.
Justin Barrett as a priority will exit the Euro currency and reclaim our Independent currency the Punt.
An Independent currency gives a Nation the ability to invest in its wealth producing resources to create real wealth ,employment and wealth ,for the benefit of the people of Ireland. Money regains its original use as a convenient tool to enable industry.
The ability of Banks to create credit from thin air will be stopped ,A State Bank system will be the issuer of credit to finance industry,home mortgages and other socially positive loans.
Irelands failing native population demographic will be addressed and encouraged by financial grants to married couples for a home ,plus cancelling of loans for high birthrate families. free childcare, generous maternity leave .low tax rates .
The National Party policies are all encompassed in the National Idea, if it is good for the Irish people ,it is good for Ireland. We are not betoken to Finance Capitalism or Globalist Corporations.

Wolf

PI Member
Justin Barrett as a priority will exit the Euro currency and reclaim our Independent currency the Punt.
An Independent currency gives a Nation the ability to invest in its wealth producing resources to create real wealth ,employment and wealth ,for the benefit of the people of Ireland. Money regains its original use as a convenient tool to enable industry.
The ability of Banks to create credit from thin air will be stopped ,A State Bank system will be the issuer of credit to finance industry,home mortgages and other socially positive loans.
Irelands failing native population demographic will be addressed and encouraged by financial grants to married couples for a home ,plus cancelling of loans for high birthrate families. free childcare, generous maternity leave .low tax rates .
The National Party policies are all encompassed in the National Idea, if it is good for the Irish people ,it is good for Ireland. We are not betoken to Finance Capitalism or Globalist Corporations.
Keep dreaming, langer.
It'll help you sleep.

OP
F
by-election bump. I had expected the voters to disappoint. And they didnt disappoint.

same shyte, new term in office.

This is a serious question. All the other threads on here will dissect the performance of various Politicians, Media luvvies, Movers & Shakers. But surely the Elephant in the room is our voters. Personally i despair at how stagnant, sterile and unchanging our political environment is. The same old parties, same old surnames, same old lack of representing the wishes of Joe Public.

Beyond any doubt, most of our mainstream parties have a tainted reputation, a dodgy track-record and very many failures you can vilify them for. Yet they never disappear. In the UK the Whig party merged into the Liberal Party which itself went through many re-brandings. Across the world you often see a political party fall into disfavour and disappear. The most recent disappearance for us may have been the Progressive Democrats. But otherwise, its business as usual in the Dail while the people on the streets are angry.

Since Haughey i was always believing that our next Taoiseach couldn't be worse. A succession of great disappointments culminating in our current incumbent has proved me wrong. How much worse can this get ?

Of course the Media have a huge part to play in managing the expectations and the mindset of the public. But look at the Trump phenomenon. Using twitter to circumvent his critics and to get his message out there unedited and uncensored. Likewise Brexit was a shock to a complacent and arrogant ruling elite - a reminder of who politicians must listen to to remain in office.

but again and again it comes back to the voters. During Catholic ireland there was no secular voice in the Dáil. When US planes were using Shannon...the polls showed massive public disapproval, but not in the Dáil. During the Celtic Tiger i do not remember many voices telling us to slow down the financial profligacy. The signing of the morocco UN migration pact was another chance to hear dissenting voices in the Dáil....maybe there were a few, but it seems to always be a few quiet whispers of dissent in that echo chamber.

Why do voters in Ireland continue to vote for Gobdaws ?
Lord, they know no better.

TW Tone

PI Member

So how come we never get a chance to vote for these paragons?

The Field Marshal

PI Member
In fairness people can only vote for what's on the ballot paper.
You could also, as an alternative , transport the ballot paper home and wipe your arse with it.
I am sometimes tempted to do this when I vote.

But such would be a mortal sin against the democracy , such as it is , which I support.

Top Bottom