• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Keith Woods Why Capitalism Will Fail

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
Poster of the Year
Now I have you. You're talking about a belief system, so it's not capitalism you're talking about. You can't "believe" in hammers or cars. You just use them.

Yes, Capitalism is a belief system. It's not the same thing as barter - or even markets.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
Poster of the Year
Osama Bin Laden: "When people see a strong horse and a weak horse, they will naturally want to side with the strong horse."

I think it's fair to say that the capitalist model is coming under stress.

It was central to the myth of Capitalism that, over time, all the world would become Capitalist with middle class living standards. It's clear now that that's impossible. Even if it was economically possible, the planet couldn't support anything like that level of resource consumption. We see that people in the Third World no longer believe the myth and are desperately trying to get into the few developed countries that do exist before its too late. Of course, the only effect that can have is sink the Capitalist West too. Bin Laden was very much the return of the repressed.

bAd

PI Member
I'm sure people in the 1400s were saying to themselves that Feudalism would never die.
I'm not sure it did die, it probably just morphed and evolved.

There's sometimes mention of the mystery as to why the Age of the Pharaohs came to an end. Again, I'm not sure it did.

They might have just grown tired of sand, drought and locusts, having heard stories of distant lands of epic natural wonder, simply chose to relocate.

Last edited:

Seánie McRant

PI Member
Osama Bin Laden: "When people see a strong horse and a weak horse, they will naturally want to side with the strong horse."

I think it's fair to say that the capitalist model is coming under stress.
The only problem is....

We're not talking about capitalism. I think I could count on one hand the people I know personally who know what capitalism actually is.

Top Bottom