Hot Who voted for Higgins?

Threads
Hi,

I don't know why I posted this, but I wanted to inquire if anyone would like to state, did anyone vote for President Higgins?

Would anyone here vote for him, if he stood? I don't dive into Irish political candidate's history or anything. I have read, but as in the last election that took place, I don't know about them, I recall a couple, one who is now dead, and some lady I believe who tried twice or three, but there wasn't an election scheduled by government. LOL!

Personally, as a foreigner, I wouldn't vote for that Higgins again, but then again I'm a young person, but yeah I wouldn't vote for him. Just too bland.

Superhans

Site Admin
Staff member
Site Admin
Donator
Premium Account
Threads
I didn't bother voting at all, not impressed with the candidates on offer and its a pointless position with no real authority.

Met Higgins twice, nice enough fella but ready for retirement. I don`t think he will stand again.

Here is the information on the candidates from 2011.

irish presidnet.png

Irish presidential election, 2011 - Wikipedia

Myles O'Reilly

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Alex Higgins? Met him in a Snooker club not long before he died. The poor cu*t was skinnier than the cue he was holding.

SwordOfStCatherine

Staff member
PI Member
Threads
Martin Mc Guinness had an important job do in Ulster so what was he playing at standing in that election? There is a conspiracy theory that Gerry Adams desperately wants to be President of the ROI and bullied Marty into running to test the waters so to speak- it is a very possible scenario. The Dana Scallon and David Norris cases are more interesting- apparently she took out US citizenship (she could have easily stayed there with just a "Green Card", but no...) which involves taking an oath of allegiance to that country, when questioned on this she said that there could never be a conflict of interest between Ireland and the United States! Wow! David Norris's paedo apologism came to light and yet 6.2 per cent of the population voted for him. Also wasn't there something weird about that Sean Gallagher lad as well?

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
I must say that Michael D. went up in my estimation when he visited a FARC camp in Colombia. Here he is enjoying the day with some FARC Commanders. He also wrote a nice message on the book of condolences for Comrade Fidel Castro.

Threads
I voted for Dana for her pro-life ethos. That was a slam dunk definite vote for me. After that I voted for McGuinness to ubertroll the establishment. Official Ireland would've gone into apoplexy if he had won. I would've never have stopped laughing.

And if either of those two candidates had of prevailed, duh President would now be caught up in several damaging legal dramas and if it was McGuinness, he would've slowly deteriorated and expired whilst in office. As it is, Higgins is still as fit as a fiddle hopping about, cutting ribbons in Peruvian supermarkets and giving squeaky speeches about Christmas knowing Christ was involved in there somewhere but kind of at loss to fathom where.

Last edited:
Threads
I'm amused by how Mitchell's vote dive bombed. I forgot that. Reminds me of Jeb Bush.

Gallagher would've been like the Macron of the right. A fake independent and a Golden Circle drop-out.

Norris was very schizophrenic and sprawly. He hopped between praising the men of 1916 to denouncing them. That 6% should definitely be found and put out of the country.

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Wasn't Gallagher bankrupt or something close? I remember thinking the job was his last ditch effort to stave off the bailiffs. He struck me as very patriotic in that way.

OP
OP
londonresident
Threads
As for the idea of the national party winning, I don't see why they wouldn't of stood a candidate. Its like if that party was for NI only. Its the oldest party in on the island, over a century now, a bit younger than the Labour party here.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
As for the idea of the national party winning, I don't see why they wouldn't of stood a candidate. Its like if that party was for NI only. Its the oldest party in on the island, over a century now, a bit younger than the Labour party here.

The National Party?

Top Bottom