• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Keith Woods Who Invented Liberalism?

• Thread starter Star Rider
  • Start date
  • Replies 65
  • Views 1K

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Liberalism is a mental degeneracy that many ancient civilizations saw coming and tried to defend themselves against. War was often seen as a way to keep young men masculine and keep effeminacy in check. Too much love of money is a very effeminate trait in any man. Indeed, the Greeks used the word "Idiot" to describe a man who attended to his own individual business rather than the good of his city, i.e. a Liberal. The most cancerous form of Liberalism is making money (or GDP) the center of a nation's concern. Such a nation is a nation of Idiots.

SwordOfStCatherine

Liberalism is a mental degeneracy that many ancient civilizations saw coming and tried to defend themselves against. War was often seen as a way to keep young men masculine and keep effeminacy in check. Too much love of money is a very effeminate trait in any man. Indeed, the Greeks used the word "Idiot" to describe a man who attended to his own individual business rather than the good of his city, i.e. a Liberal. The most cancerous form of Liberalism is making money (or GDP) the center of a nation's concern. Such a nation is a nation of Idiots.
This raises an interesting subject. I am very double minded when it comes to violence. On one hand I don't want to see violence but on the other I am deeply aware than brings out of people very important virtues and that prolonged peace can have very negative effects on a society.

Clanrickard

PI Member
This raises an interesting subject. I am very double minded when it comes to violence. On one hand I don't want to see violence but on the other I am deeply aware than brings out of people very important virtues and that prolonged peace can have very negative effects on a society.
Yeah who wants to be like Switzerland when you can be like Afghanistan.

SwordOfStCatherine

Yeah who wants to be like Switzerland when you can be like Afghanistan.
Was it not Salvador Dali who said that with five hundred years of peace and democracy all that the Swiss have given to humanity is the cuckoo clock? (Rather unfair- Karl Barth and Henri De Lubac come to mind, but you get the point, the Swiss in general are a cold and petty minded people). Anyway you should have a read of this, it is rather exquisite;

Last edited:

ShumanTheHuman

Donator
PI Member
Was it not Salvador Dali who said that with five hundred years of peace and democracy all that the Swiss have given to humanity is the cuckoo clock? (Rather unfair- Karl Barth and Henri De Lubac, but you get the point, the Swiss in general are a cold and petty minded people). Anyway you should have a read of this, it is rather exquisite;

It was Harry Lime on top of the Ferris Wheel in Vienna in the Third Man. The Swiss also gave the world Toblerone. I feel that needs to be noted.

ShumanTheHuman

Donator
PI Member
Afghanistan has always been a peace loving country - until foreigners invade it. In the end, it's the foreigners who always go home with nothing but their dead and their debts.
Not called the Graveyard of Empires for nothing. Graveyards are usually peaceful places. Alexander seems to be the only one who understood. He just went through on his way to India

RealMcCoy

PI Member
It always amazes me that those who big up 3rd world shit holes would never actually live there.

Top Bottom