Where are the Garda

Figg_

PI Member
Last week I walked from Parnell square to Baggot Street without seeing one Garda or patrol car (I did see one around the corner of the GPO and he was leaning up against a pillar trying to hide it looked like). There are never any around especially at the weekend. We were in Lisbon a couple of weeks ago and the amount of police driving and patrolling would make you jealous and this is the third safest country in the world, I wonder why. We are living in a failed state and the hoards will be coming with their pitchforks and torches sooner than you think.
Yes, that has been my experience also. Our main thoroughfare, O'Connell Street, is a festering kip, full of undesirables - yet I never ever see a Garda on patrol. I was in New York a few years back, walking around Time Square. And it was very noticeable that there were police officers constantly walking to and fro. As I said in my previous post, it gives the decent citizen a sense of reassurance.

bowfin

PI Member
A few years ago I had an argument in my workplace with the mother of a motorcycle cop (I didn't know at the time she has a son in the force never mind a motorcycle cop). A few hours later I was driving down the M50 southbound and noticed a motorcycle cop parked under one of the bridges. As soon as I passed him he pulled off and tailed me to Sandymount exit where he pulled me in and went over my car and driving with a fine-tooth comb. He could find nothing and could not tell me why he stopped me. On recounting my experience to my co-workers they told me it was most likely her son and when I made the connection I could see the resemblance. I backed off of her and never spoke to her again because I know what these people are capable of.