Where are the Garda

Catalpa

PI Member
The Gardai have never been the servants of the people . Ever !! Bunch of crooked clockpunching gangsters just like their masters .
That's ridiculous - the vast majority of rank and file are decent men and women

- of course there are corrupt and inefficient members

But the real malaise for AGS is cultural

- they are no longer a visible presence at ground level

I know its a cliché but we need more Gardaí out on the Beat...

The Tuath .

PI Member
That's ridiculous - the vast majority of rank and file are decent men and women

- of course there are corrupt and inefficient members

But the real malaise for AGS is cultural

- they are no longer a visible presence at ground level

I know its a cliché but we need more Gardaí out on the Beat...
It is not ridiculous ! People say all the time that there are decent cops too , but where were all the decent cops to stick up for McCabe ?? Where were all the decent cops for the McBrearty family ?? The cops are like a secret society and they never fail to cover up for each other . I'll bet there's not one Garda's wife in the country with a penalty point on her licence . The Gardai are rotten from the top down and if you ever have cause to complain about a Garda you'll realise that the Ombudsman too is there for the cops and not for the people .

Catalpa

PI Member
Penalty points are not exactly the burning issue of the day!

An ex-bandmate of boy band stars Westlife who is a former garda has been spared jail after he was caught in possession of cocaine.

Michael Garrett (40), of Orchard Lane, Strandhill Road, Sligo, had pleaded guilty last July before Dublin District Court to unlawful possession of cocaine at Tritonville Avenue, Sandymount, Dublin, on August 26, 2018.
Garrett was suspended from duty following his drugs arrest and was later dismissed by the Garda Commissioner.

The Tuath .

PI Member
The penalty points thing was just an example , I know there's a lot worse happening . They'll throw the odd gobshite under the bus if he's not connected or if he fucks up too publicly for them to cover up . If you think the cops are great lads , good for you . I know different . They are a law unto themselves .

2pacs

Donator
PI Member
Premium
Just sped past an unmarked car in one of those new designated 80 KM roads, guess a ticket is heading my way.

Bustedshaun

Donator
PI Member
The Garda are involved in the everyday nudging the patterns of behaviour of the otherwise law obiding. A fair axample of Anarcho tyranny as outlined in a BPS vid

Last edited:

bowfin

PI Member
The days of community policing, where everyone knew their local Garda and built up a sense of trust and friendship are largely gone.

The bureaucratic busybodies have turned the Gardaí into glorified administrators.

The biggest drawback of this development has been the lack of a Garda presence on the street to reassure law abiding citizens that they will be looked after should some scumbag look to cause trouble. The situation in Dublin is laughable; where all of the cities scumbags are free to engage in criminal activity and antisocial behaviour at will. Can anyone remember the last time they saw a Garda strolling around Dublin city?
Last week I walked from Parnell square to Baggot Street without seeing one Garda or patrol car (I did see one around the corner of the GPO and he was leaning up against a pillar trying to hide it looked like). There are never any around especially at the weekend. We were in Lisbon a couple of weeks ago and the amount of police driving and patrolling would make you jealous and this is the third safest country in the world, I wonder why. We are living in a failed state and the hoards will be coming with their pitchforks and torches sooner than you think.