Where are the Garda

page61

PI Member
O'Connell street , The capitols main street in out Country has no Garda and incidents like the ones outlined below keep happening and happening over and over.
Why is our main street not got a permanent Garda presence? It was bad enough when they closed down the station.

O'Connell street should (as should many streets in many cities throughout Ireland) have a permanent Garda presence along with HD CCTV monitoring 24/7

Who decided we did not need Garda in O'Connell street. ?

How come there was no Garda present on a Saturday Night? This most recent incident happened at 1.15 AM..Prime time for a Garda presence you would think.

Have the Drug Dealers paid to have no garda visible? ..is there more to this than meets the eye. Dublin is turned into a no go area in a short few years and its not acceptable.

GodsDog

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
too busy gathering revenue screwing over old ladies driving a few miles over the speed limit for cash
in their little protection racket

Superhans

Staff member
Administrator
Donator
too busy gathering revenue screwing over old ladies driving a few miles over the speed limit for cash
in their little protection racket
There does seem to be more emphasis on cash-grabbing for the state, I see the Gardai often as nothing more than revenue collectors for the state.

Something new I have noticed is the reallocating of main roads from 100km to 80km and then Garda cars waiting to pounce on unsuspecting motorists.

As Gaeilge

PI Member
@page61 FYI The first and last links you posted are the same, the 3rd one is 14 years old, and I'm not sure what the 42 link is all about as it links to a lot of random stuff.

I would agree with you in regards to Garda presence/priorities, though you might want to clean your post up if you want to be taken seriously.

amsterdemmetje

PI Member
Well 900 to 1000 of them are off on sick leave today as they are every day . Its an unhealthy lifestyle sitting around on their fat holes all day every day .

Ted

PI Member
Way too much time being spent on traffic policing and too little time patrolling the streets and maintaining a visible presence at night time.
When I see two burly gardai spending their afternoon perched at a roundabout, waiting to nab some stressed mother on her phone, while certain parts of the cities and country become fiefdoms for ganglords then I know we've lost our way.
Step 1 - get rid of the poncy pink cars, hire a real man to run AGS and cut out the rainbow flags and the pc bullsh1t.
AGS was never meant to be a hideout for revenue generating cissies.

NiceNin

Donator
Premium
PI Member
I thought the rank-and-file Gardai at the protest last Friday looked very stressed and distraught. They could see Charlie Flanagan effectively trying to criminalise air and the potential for deadly violence completely unnecessary.

They've also had towering "mother" 5G masts planted in the grounds of their stations with no consent or consultation.