Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

What's your favorite movie scene?

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
Ryan's Daughter (1970)
Director: David Lean

Christopher Jones's disturbed British Army officer departs the cosy confines of an Oirish bar for a blood spattered trench in Flanders....

Magnificent scene.

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
Mullholland Drive (2001)
Director: David Lynch

There's something incredibly disturbing and yet mesmerising about David Lynch's movies. Who else can remember the first time they saw Blue Velvet or Twin Peaks and it blew them away? Dune was a flop and panned by critics, yet it is infectious (is it the weird hybrid of Victorian and Futuristic decor, the Harkonnens and the stagey acting that makes it so watchable? ). I've watched it several times now and it's a mess, but it's still enjoyable.

His most conventional movie is The Elephant Man, yet despite its simple narrative and heart wrenching moments, Lynch's occasional detour into the abstract world is very unsettling, perplexing, disturbing, unforgettable. I don't think any other director could have turned Victorian England into an organic gearbox.

Perhaps one of the strangest movies ever made?

Storybud2

PI Member
Bogart and Bacall,
at 2.20, Bacall kisses him and he asks how it was,. she says it's even better when you help ? fooking class, during the movie when they have breakfast you can actually feel when they are in love for the first time,,

but barring that, with friggin Top Gun coming out next year,, I love seeing real sh1t that movies dramatize, it just is hypnotizing ,go full screen with the cans on,, I would have loved to be a US fighter pilot, the Irish Airforce usually run out of peas for their peashooters in winter , otherwise they probably fook sacks of spuds at enemy aircraft or play Hozier on loudspeakers to make enemy pilots vomit ,,,

Last edited:
Bogart and Bacall,
at 2.20, Bacall kisses him and he asks how it was,. she says it's even better when you help ? fooking class, during the movie when they have breakfast you can actually feel when they are in love for the first time,,

but barring that, with friggin Top Gun coming out next year,, I love seeing real sh1t that movies dramatize, it just is hypnotizing ,go full screen with the cans on,, I would have loved to be a US fighter pilot, the Irish Airforce usually run out of peas for their peashooters in winter , otherwise they probably fook sacks of spuds at enemy aircraft or play Hozier on loudspeakers to make enemy pilots vomit ,,,

Takeoff (notice the deceleration)

Top Bottom