What's your favorite movie scene?

yore

Banned
PI Member
this scene makes the film one of the few sequels that are better than the original

the third one was shite tho

Karloff

PI Member
Modern horror is tame in comparison. Scanners had some great actors like Michael Ironside and Patrick McGoohan and effects that easily outclass modern cgi and a great soundtrack. In fact all it was probably missing was D Sutherland.

valamhic

PI Member
My favorite movie is Trading Places and my favorite scene is where the black fellow was in the toilet and the two auld codgers come in to pee. He hears their plan and then acts on it.

My other favorite film was Moby Dick, where the captain pursues an unfortunate whale for years trying to kill it. Eventually that captain straps himself to the whale's body and goes down with it to a watery grave. I hope the whale eventually got rid of his corpse.

Fire2theRain

PI Member

I liked actor Liam Neeson in Schindler's List.

The most memorable part for me was when Oskar Schindler (a member of the Nazi party) was sitting astride his horse and looking down from a hilltop at the Jewish people being rounded up in the street below (in plain sight). His eyes are following the little girl who is wearing a red coat. The film is in sepia except for this little girl's red coat. Schindler watches people being forced out of their houses and shot dead (probably for resisting). He later sees the little girl's lifeless body being taken away in a cart (she had tried to hide in an empty house). All the Jews are being sent to Auschwitz.

This ^ ^ ^ is the defining moment when Schindler knows that he can't look the other way any more. He has to do something.

From the Talmud: "Whoever saves one life saves the world entire.” This was engraved on a ring given to Schindler by the beloved Jews that he had saved. The ring is made from gold fillings. He was preparing to flee at the end of the war, as he is now a war criminal.

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member

I liked actor Liam Neeson in Schindler's List.

The most memorable part for me was when Oskar Schindler (a member of the Nazi party) was sitting astride his horse and looking down from a hilltop at the Jewish people being rounded up in the street below (in plain sight). His eyes are following the little girl who is wearing a red coat. The film is in sepia except for this little girl's red coat. Schindler watches people being forced out of their houses and shot dead (probably for resisting). He later sees the little girl's lifeless body being taken away in a cart (she had tried to hide in an empty house). All the Jews are being sent to Auschwitz.

This ^ ^ ^ is the defining moment when Schindler knows that he can't look the other way any more. He has to do something.

From the Talmud: "Whoever saves one life saves the world entire.” This was engraved on a ring given to Schindler by the beloved Jews that he had saved. The ring is made from gold fillings. He was preparing to flee at the end of the war, as he is now a war criminal.
Hmmm...I'll probably be castigated for saying this, but I thought Schindler's List was over-rated. It does have some memorable moments and the acting - even the normally wooden Liam Neeson - is quite good. I was taken in by the hype when it was first released, but I dunno, it's a bit too Hollywood schmaltzy?

The original trailer which used Kilar's "Angelus" was brilliant.

johnhan279

PI Member

Barry Lyndon (1975)

"Barry's first taste of battle was only a skirmish against a small rearguard of Frenchmen who occupied an orchard beside a road down which, a few hours later, the English main force would wish to pass. Though this encounter is not recorded in any history books, it was memorable enough for those who took part."

Top Bottom