What's your favorite movie scene?

amsterdemmetje

PI Member

I will just leave this here. No need for an explanation Just Dwayne doing what he does best in this case he is firing two shot guns at the same time and then blows up a truck by firing at the fuel tank and walks away without looking back. Some guy is talking over the whole thing.

An Fiach Ban

PI Member
What did you like about it?

Better than the original IYV?
No not better, but, good enough to stand on its own. I liked the main character played by Ryan Gosling he had an innocence about him, I enjoyed the relationship between him and his virtual girlfriend which was clever and prescient. The imagery too was wonderful, the opening scenes looked like photos from National Geographic and the Las Vegas segment reminded me of the 2000AD comics I loved as a boy, Judge Dredd and the Cursed Earth.
Harrison Ford I felt let the air out a little.

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
I agree with you about Gosling. He puts in a very good performance.

The cinematography is superb and the minimalist soundtrack is beautiful. With the budget they had and modern technology, one would expect the former to tick all the boxes.

The female villain was excellent. Jared Leto's performance, however, was a poor hybrid of Tyrell and Roy Batty (IMO). Didn't work for me.

Overall, I was underwhelmed. It tried too hard to emulate its eminent predecessor. The ending was cringeworthy.

The original was a box office flop. Moreover, the storyline was disjointed and crawled along (Pauline Kael, in her assessment of it, called it Bladecrawler). There's no question that it is a flawed masterpiece, but I'm really puzzled by its entry into the hearts of mainstream audiences. It's simply not a mainstream movie. I guess clever marketing and hype has helped put it there.

Harrison Ford's finest performance IMO - Bladerunner that is. His performance in the sequel was phoned in.

Every time I watch the original I see something new.

An Fiach Ban

PI Member
I agree with you about Gosling. He puts in a very good performance.

The cinematography is superb and the minimalist soundtrack is beautiful. With the budget they had and modern technology, one would expect the former to tick all the boxes.

The female villain was excellent. Jared Leto's performance, however, was a poor hybrid of Tyrell and Roy Batty (IMO). Didn't work for me.

Overall, I was underwhelmed. It tried too hard to emulate its eminent predecessor. The ending was cringeworthy.

The original was a box office flop. Moreover, the storyline was disjointed and crawled along (Pauline Kael, in her assessment of it, called it Bladecrawler). There's no question that it is a flawed masterpiece, but I'm really puzzled by its entry into the hearts of mainstream audiences. It's simply not a mainstream movie. I guess clever marketing and hype has helped put it there.

Harrison Ford's finest performance IMO - Bladerunner that is. His performance in the sequel was phoned in.

Every time I watch the original I see something new.
I agree there are several plot holes that make no sense, for example Wallace taking Dekkard offworld in order to extract information from him, when earlier he kills replicants with impunity. He is the de facto ruler of the city able to do as he pleases.
I really hope though its left at this, we can see them setting up the sequel with the replicants rebellion.
Let it go.

Top Bottom