What's wrong with Renua?

Save me Jeebus

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sure. Nationalism needs to be a workers movement. A real workers movement (read: not welfare underclass).

Any party that is pro-nationalism but is also rabidly pro-capitalist is cancelling out the former with the latter.
A workers movement is surely a beefed up union? The unions brought the UK to it's knees.

Macushla

PI Member
A workers movement is surely a beefed up union? The unions brought the UK to it's knees.
For years the unions, in America especially, were the staunchest advocates against cheap foreign labour driving down wages in the form of Immigration

Save me Jeebus

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
For years the unions, in America especially, were the staunchest advocates against cheap foreign labour driving down wages in the form of Immigration
Yes but then you are dealing with corruption there too... plus ridiculous demands, such as the miners, binmen, railworkers of the 70's. I was there to see the country at a standstill... Employment rights, proper ones, with minimum wage per skill so to speak, ban on low hour contracts and no holiday pay, along with an employers right to get rid of somebody, legally, who.is clearly incapable/lazy etc.. would negate the need for such movements..

Catalpa

PI Member
Way too conservative economically

But with the kind of dosh they had they should have done better than this...

Very pro Immigration too IIRC

- they were right about the 8th though...

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
Renua are boring. They just did what FG did but with a lower budget. And noone knew they were there.

If they got some Gilroy gusto, refined that, got people talking and turned heads, they'd get some people elected.

But noone knew they were there.

FightingForTheBull

PI Member
A look at the Renua policies would indicate they are pretty in tune with the conservative voter in Ireland. So why do you think they continue to do so miserably?
There's a lot of retards in Ireland. I've seen countless proper hardcore nationalist types some even on here I think say how they were going to spoil their ballot paper rather than vote Renua. These people are utterly retarded.

Save me Jeebus

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
There's a lot of retards in Ireland. I've seen countless proper hardcore nationalist types some even on here I think say how they were going to spoil their ballot paper rather than vote Renua. These people are utterly retarded.
Why? What's everybody finding so abhorrent about them?

FightingForTheBull

PI Member
"However, the party has been entitled to €250,000 annual State funding because its candidates, none of whom was elected, managed to secure more than 2 per cent of the national vote."

I wasn't actually aware of that. Seems worth a gamble for a new party to splash 25 grand in the hope of gaining that 2% to win the big money.

Save me Jeebus

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
"However, the party has been entitled to €250,000 annual State funding because its candidates, none of whom was elected, managed to secure more than 2 per cent of the national vote."

I wasn't actually aware of that. Seems worth a gamble for a new party to splash 25 grand in the hope of gaining that 2% to win the big money.
Or change Renua from within? Finding already in place?

Top Bottom