What's REALLY going on in Hong Kong

Yonghoi

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hong Kong has a new National Anthem

It sounds better in Cantonese

Anglophile

PI Member
Pro-democracy protesters rallied outside Britain’s consulate in Hong Kong on Sunday, demanding London
do more to protect its former colonial subjects, and ramp up pressure on Beijing over
sliding freedoms.

Hundreds of demonstrators sang “God Save the Queen” and “Rule Britannia” outside the consulate, waving
the Union Jack as well as Hong Kong’s colonial-era flags.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
PI Member
I’m on my way there today.
Maybe I’ll send a report.
Think I might be tempted to stay to stay in an air conditioned hotel all day, the alternative is trying to fit in three showers a day, the heat and humidity can be a bit mad at this time of year.

bells of shandon

PI Member
I am heading down to Wanchai to get a beer and the roide, Sunday gee-gees at Sha-tin and Wednesday Party night at Happy Valley.

Yonghoi

PI Member
Access to the airport express station is all changed. Only one entrance open and is heavily manned by security people. Some damage to glass panels.
Pity this site doesn’t allow upload of pics.

Yonghoi

PI Member
Think I might be tempted to stay to stay in an air conditioned hotel all day, the alternative is trying to fit in three showers a day, the heat and humidity can be a bit mad at this time of year.
I’ve some biz to do Wex, so I’ll be out and about.
I am heading down to Wanchai to get a beer and the roide, Sunday gee-gees at Sha-tin and Wednesday Party night at Happy Valley.
Wanchai is ground zero. Not on the agenda. And I’ve never been a betting man.
But a pint or two in Kowloon tonight is on.

Mobile network noticeably slower than the usual blazing speed. The chicomms must be throttling it.

Top Bottom