Poll What your favorite Beatles Album and why

tard handler

PI Member
look at the faces on them here. definitely on some shit. the face of Charlie Watts.... lol

They played a few decent country tunes back in the day. But that video would never happen today. Everything's way too corporate and choreographed. Noel Gallagher (who hates making music videos) once complained about a music video director with notions who wanted to make his own ''Apocalypse Now.''

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
Of course, I get much more value these days from The Kinks... whose lyrics I find much more appealing. Their whimsy and nostalgia for a lost and dying England get me, which I fine strange given that I'm an Irish Republican.
Ha ha.. a funny situation ,but i know exactly what you mean . i m a big fan of some of their songs .. Victoria rocks along, but i wont be telling any of my mates . I love Autumn almanac ,great song .Again i find with the kinks, if you stray beyond their greatness hits they go downhill rapidly
that's true, you can pick through the albums and bring up some really good stuff. Village Green album long considered a classic has only grown on me slowly. Davies nose dived when he went into his rock opera/ concept albums period.. but songs like Geneieve , sitting in my hotel, holiday romance, living on a thin line stand up with the best of them. I do like School Boys in Disgrace album, cheesy lyrics.. but some rocking tracks too
They, along with the Who, blazed the trail for punkers and Van Halen, which is solid gold for my liking... I like this number: It's quick and dirty and according to legend, features Jimmy Page on lead guitar:

page61

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They, along with the Who, blazed the trail for punkers and Van Halen, which is solid gold for my liking... I like this number: It's quick and dirty and according to legend, features Jimmy Page on lead guitar:

It does.. Jimmy page was a good guy to have around, and quick and dirty is a great description .The kinks to me were like a soft version of the who in the 60s . Im not a van halen fan, but led Zep do it for me.

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
Im not a van halen fan
I'm biased because they're from Pasadena, not far from where I grew up. Besides, before they hit it big, they deigned to play both my siblings' and my alma maters. Lastly, VH's covers of You Really Got Me and Where Have all the Good Times Gone turned me on to the Kinks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom