Poll What your favorite Beatles Album and why

Ire-land

Donator
PI Member
Premium Account
A post in one of the threads there got me singing this, it seems the only solution for a lot of people sadly- the problem has become the solution.

All through' the day
I me mine, I me mine, I me mine.
All through' the night
Now they're frightened of leaving it
Ev'ryone's weaving it,
Coming on strong all the time,
All through' the day I me mine.

I-I-me-me mine, I-I-me-me mine,
I-I-me-me mine, I-I-me-me mine.

All I can hear
Even those tears
No-one's frightened of playing it
Ev'ryone's saying it,
Flowing more freely than wine,
All through' the day I me mine.

I-I-me-me mine, I-I-me-me mine,
I-I-me-me mine, I-I-me-me mine.

All I can hear
Even those tears
No-one's frightened of playing it
Ev'ryone's saying it,
Flowing more freely than wine,
All through' your life I me mine.

page61

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A post in one of the threads there got me singing this, it seems the only solution for a lot of people sadly- the problem has become the solution.

A great forgotten song from George .....

FairstoodtheWind

PI Member
Once upon a time, in students days, it was Sgt Peppers. It was the very first CD I bought, not even having a CD player at the time.. but the anticipation of hearing the layering and kaleidoscope of effects in digital clarity was something that appealed to my naive self.

I progressed from there to the White Album being the solid favourite.. for the sheer extent and range of styles.

When I caught myself on and got a vinyl player Rubber Soul moved into the number one spot.. probably because the production value of the vinyl seemed to beat all the other albums on vinyl. Rubber Soul also has what I consider their best song "In My Life" which has been my favourite forever and a day.

Now I have a playlist of my favourite songs on in the car. Tracks like Bulldog, Baby You're a Rich Man, Only a Northern Song and some of the lesser played out ones.

Of course, I get much more value these days from The Kinks... whose lyrics I find much more appealing. Their whimsy and nostalgia for a lost and dying England get me, which I fine strange given that I'm an Irish Republican.

page61

PI Member
More of a Stones fan tbh.

That is why the thread is called whats your favorite Beatles album lol.

I like a few stones tracks but they have some ropey stuff .when they were off they were off

page61

PI Member
Of course, I get much more value these days from The Kinks... whose lyrics I find much more appealing. Their whimsy and nostalgia for a lost and dying England get me, which I fine strange given that I'm an Irish Republican.
[/QUOTE]

Ha ha.. a funny situation ,but i know exactly what you mean . i m a big fan of some of their songs .. Victoria rocks along, but i wont be telling any of my mates . I love Autumn almanac ,great song .Again i find with the kinks, if you stray beyond their greatness hits they go downhill rapidly

tard handler

PI Member
That is why the thread is called whats your favorite Beatles album lol.

I like a few stones tracks but they have some ropey stuff .when they were off they were off
The thread reminded me of that clip from Alan Partridge. Such a quotable show.

At one stage with the Stones, during the seventies, half the band were drug addicts with serious problems. Surprised they could walk to the recording studio never mind play anything decent.

FairstoodtheWind

PI Member
Ha ha.. a funny situation ,but i know exactly what you mean . i m a big fan of some of their songs .. Victoria rocks along, but i wont be telling any of my mates . I love Autumn almanac ,great song .Again i find with the kinks, if you stray beyond their greatness hits they go downhill rapidly
[/QUOTE]
that's true, you can pick through the albums and bring up some really good stuff. Village Green album long considered a classic has only grown on me slowly. Davies nose dived when he went into his rock opera/ concept albums period.. but songs like Geneieve , sitting in my hotel, holiday romance, living on a thin line stand up with the best of them. I do like School Boys in Disgrace album, cheesy lyrics.. but some rocking tracks too

FairstoodtheWind

PI Member
The thread reminded me of that clip from Alan Partridge. Such a quotable show.

At one stage with the Stones, during the seventies, half the band were drug addicts with serious problems. Surprised they could walk to the recording studio never mind play anything decent.

look at the faces on them here. definitely on some shit. the face of Charlie Watts.... lol

Top Bottom