A Hard Days Night

Help

Rubber Sole

Revolver

Sgt Pepper

The White Album

Abbey Road

Let It Be

To be honest I love the all. My least Fav and least played would be Let it be ,mainly because its not a studio album but more of a mish mash of the films audio tapes, but even that has some heavyweight classics including the Title song and get back for starters.

I love the raw energy of the first album which starts off with When i saw her standing there , and the Motown influenced With the Beatles .

Rubber sole is songwriting at its best ,with a heavy emphasis on the vocals such as Girl, In my life, Nowhere man , Drive my car

Pepper is Pepper..a classic as is Revolver and if you dont like any of them , you have the white Album ..

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
PI Member
Please Please Me

With The Beatles

Beatles For sale

A Hard Days Night

Help

Rubber Sole

Revolver

Sgt Pepper

The White Album

Abbey Road

Let It Be

To be honest I love the all. My least Fav and least played would be Let it be ,mainly because its not a studio album but more of a mish mash of the films audio tapes, but even that has some heavyweight classics including the Title song and get back for starters.

I love the raw energy of the first album which starts off with When i saw her standing there , and the Motown influenced With the Beatles .

Rubber sole is songwriting at its best ,with a heavy emphasis on the vocals such as Girl, In my life, Nowhere man , Drive my car

Pepper is Pepper..a classic as is Revolver and if you dont like any of them , you have the white Album ..
I'm not a fan of the Beatles by any stretch of the imagination, but I think Revolver is hard to beat. It provides the bridge between their bubble-gum and more introspective, musically rigorous tunes.

page61

PI Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm not a fan of the Beatles by any stretch of the imagination, but I think Revolver is hard to beat. It provides the bridge between their bubble-gum and more introspective, musically rigorous tunes.
From a musical point of view the "bubblegum" is top drawer , great chord changes , way way ahead of their age

Revolver is a good choice ..

Ire-land

Donator
PI Member
I think Let It Be is brilliant, it's unappreciated generally I reckon. Billy Preston on the keyboards on Get Back is just mental. I think I also like the fact that they were on death's door as a band at that stage, yet still produced that music. It's one of the easiest Beatles albums to listen to from start to finish for me.

But the White Album, being the best album of all time, is the best Beatles album by default. :cool:

Last edited:

page61

PI Member
Touché, a chara. As an aside, it's an interesting task to juxtapose Sgt. Pepper's with the Beach Boys' Pet Sounds. If this outtake doesn't have Brian Wilson's name writ large over it...

[/QUOTE

It does, I always though pet sounds was like a demo for pepper, I do like smile as an album in parts. The Beatles had the edge on melody ,though i suppose they had 2 great writers and one good one opposed to only one wilson

page61

PI Member
I think Let It Be is brilliant, it's unappreciated generally I reckon. Billy Preston on the keyboards on Get Back is just mental. I think I also like the fact that they were on death's door as a band at that stage, yet still produced that music. It's one of the easiest Beatles albums to listen to from start to finish for me.

But the White Album, being the best album of all time, is the best Beatles album by default. :cool:
Interesting .

I like but I would sometimes skip , dig a pony and maggie may & one after 909, hidden gems are for you blue and across the universe .

page61

PI Member
I like 2 Love them all except Let it Be

My 1st album ever was the White Album which my Mother bought me for Christmas '68 💅

Of course I dropped a few subtle hints in advance....🤷‍♂️
A good Christmas present..
I had about 20 quid from my birthday in the early 80s and i went into town, I think it was sounds around and the had all the albums marked at the wrong price , I think I got about 5 albums including a double one called Beatles love songs for 20.. It was a great day

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
PI Member

I'm kind of the same. I don't think the Beatles have stood the test of time the way say Dylan or Elvis have, but Revolver is certainly a spectacular production. I'd definitely go for their later stuff though. Abbey Road is good driving music.

Ire-land

Donator
PI Member
I'm kind of the same. I don't think the Beatles have stood the test of time the way say Dylan or Elvis have, but Revolver is certainly a spectacular production. I'd definitely go for their later stuff though. Abbey Road is good driving music.
I don't know, man... Elvis, Dylan, The Beatles... I reckon they've all stood up pretty well over the years. I'd be a Dylan/Beatles man myself, impossible to pick between them really.

Top Bottom