• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Poll What is an Irish person?

What is it to be Irish?

• Both Parents - 7 Generations deep

• Both Parents - Heritage back to the Famine

• One Parent - 7 Generations deep

• One Parent- Heritage back to the Famine

• Both Parents - 1 Generations deep or more

• One Parent - 1 Generations deep or more

• Other - Please state

Results are only viewable after voting.

Anderson

The Irish Patriot raised an Interesting question on the Niall Boylan show the other day.

In what was an uncomfortable show to listen to, the IP stated on the show that the bible states you must be 7 generations deep to be an Irish person.

I have to say I find this hard to stomach. none of us I am sure can truely trace our heritage back 7 generations, I myself have managed to go back to the famine and workhouses but after that I am not sure if there is any records to prove one way or another if your heritage is 7 generations deep.

This, of course, raises a question, what is it to be Irish?

We can all agree that just handing someone a passport does not make one Irish, someone who has been here 5 minutes may offer the country huge benefits but to say they are Irish is not right or fair. Sure they may legally have Irish Citizenship but I think there needs to be a separation of Irish Citizenship and those who are Ethnic Irish.

So this brings us back to the question, what is it to be Ethnic Irish?

Someone who has one Irish parent and one foreign national parent may be able to trace their family heritage on one side all the way back past the famine, are they no longer Irish because one parent wasn't born here?

bells of shandon

PI Member
Alan Shatter and Charlie Flanagans abuse of the issue of Irish Passports like confetti to 120k Foreigners does not make sense on any level, unless it was a means to affect the Voting Register.
To work in a Foreign country ,you need apply for a Work Visa and have an offer of employment, plus heath screening, vaccination shots and criminal record checks ,qualification checks.
This work Visa is extended as long as the Contract work lasts. No neccesity to issue a Passport .
A Passport gives a Foreign person Citizenship rights ,with access to Housing ,Health ,Welfare, Education ,Pension, Voting rights. Family re-unification migration rights.
This malicious abuse of Citizenship is beyond crazy and also a part of the Plantation process.

Vote 4 Change

PI Member
A very devisive poll. This isn’t the correct way to define Irish. The debate isn’t about being Irish, the debate should be about controlling our borders. I won’t be voting in the poll as it will cause arguments between nationalists at the time we need solidarity.

when our elites tell me a Purple Martian in a spaceship ( who has never even visited Ireland nor had any exposure to irish Culture ) is 'irish' .... i must go along with the subterfuge or face persecution.

that is 'what is irish' in 2019

i heard a rumour that a rock circling the asteroid belt in Ursa Minor is a holder of an irish Passport.

Fatsjo

PI Member
Boylan thinks that onyone who manages to get an Irish passport is Irish. I notice that he didn't bring up the Red Cow or Leeson St.riots on his show.

looking at passport allocations..... Alaister McAlaister from the Shankill who is covered in UVF tattoes, bangs a drum, hates Catholics, takes Steroids, has done a couple of stretches in prison, and supports glasgow Rangers....is irish.

Esto Praesidium

PI Member
looking at passport allocations..... Alaister McAlaister from the Shankill who is covered in UVF tattoes, bangs a drum, hates Catholics, takes Steroids, has done a couple of stretches in prison, and supports glasgow Rangers....is irish.
Well, he's a lot more Irish than Bongo Mbongo from the Congo, he is a mirror image of Fiachra Ó Fiaich from the Falls with IRA tattoos, bangs the bodhrán, hates Protestants (and Catholics lol), takes steroids, a couple of stretches in prison and supports Glasgow Celtic. He can say people from his ethnic group the Ulster Scots or Scotch-Irish like Henry Joy McCracken, William Drennan and John Mitchel actually invented Irish Republicanism. Drennan even coined the term "The Emerald Isle". And with a name like Alaister McAlaister some of his ancestors were probably Gaelic speaking Catholics from the Glens of Antrim that took the soup during the Famine. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

bells of shandon

PI Member
when our elites tell me a Purple Martian in a spaceship ( who has never even visited Ireland nor had any exposure to irish Culture ) is 'irish' .... i must go along with the subterfuge or face persecution.

that is 'what is irish' in 2019

i heard a rumour that a rock circling the asteroid belt in Ursa Minor is a holder of an irish Passport.
The rock circling Ursa Minor is Irelands Border control.

Conall Gulban

PI Member
The problem is that formerly in the era of low immigration anyone could be Irish. This question wasn't that relevant.
Most people assimilated and were incorporated into the larger culture after one or two generations. But now in the era of mass immigration it becomes almost impossible.
Why would any African identify as Irish when they're surrounded by other Africans, ditto Pakistanis, Afghans etc its not their fault either its just the way of the world.
Theres also the problem of the Irish becoming less Irish and more and more like Anglo American drones, identifying with the toxic internationalist Globohomo culture of materialism. So for many newcomers there's nothing Irish to assimilate to anyway.

TW Tone

PI Member
Boylan thinks that onyone who manages to get an Irish passport is Irish. I notice that he didn't bring up the Red Cow or Leeson St.riots on his show.

This pin dancing about Irishness is specious.

The passport question is fundamental.
I have written here and elsewhere on how Irish naturalization is the laxest such process in Europe.
I am surprised that none of the various nationalsts is investigating this.
Boylan is wrong.
A passport does not make you Irish.
But we need to explain why that is so.

TheIrishRight

PI Member
  1. Irish heritage, one parent or more for one generation.
  2. Swear fealty to Ireland and to honour ALL it's laws and traditions, no duel citizenship or passports
  3. Knowledge of Irish culture, history and respect for Irelands Christian heritage

Top Bottom