• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

What Are Your Thoughts On Ireland 2040?

• Thread starter Deleted member 166
  • Start date
  • Replies 317
  • Views 10K

Conall Gulban

Staff member
PI Member
Sadly it was the reality of life.
Your logic works both ways.
The reality is also that native groups repelled and expelled incomers/invaders with violence. Since this is the historical reality does that make it acceptable to do so today?
People using the argument that groups have come in before conveniently ignore many other factors.

Conall Gulban

Staff member
PI Member
and our ancestors integrated..
It took the Normans several hundred years to integrate, with much bloodshed and strife in between, something I always explain to those using the Normans as an example of immigrants integrating. Then of course there's our cousins up north who can hardly be said to be a model of successful integration.

Last edited:
Reactions: BSA

Greengoose

PI Member
It took the Normans several hundred years to integrate, with much bloodshed and strife in between something, I always explain to those using the Normans as an example of immigrants integrating. Then of course there's our cousins up north who can hardly be said to be a model of successful integration.
Based on your musings, do yo think those dark chaps in Balbriggan will ever integrate? Did the normans avail of these generous welfare perks?

Rommel

PI Member
Once I have a gun licence I will face into this disaster in my retirement years.

BSA

PI Member
Once I have a gun licence I will face into this disaster in my retirement years.
Don't expect to hang on to that gun for very long...

My guess is after the 'anti free speech' laws put forward by Flanagan the simpleton and Co. We'll have some further gun controls to add to Irelands already untra strict gun controls..

I mean the police and the government are there looking after you, there's no need for arms in civilian hands...

Top Bottom