What Are Your Thoughts On Ireland 2040?

maxflinn

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Ireland 2040 - National Planning Framework

So a million more people here by 2040, in order to help our economy grow.

That's why I posted this in the economy section, and not immigration.

If this kind of mass-immigration is deemed necessary for a strong economy, will there be an Ireland 2060 plan in 2040, which might plan for, say, two million more people by 2060, and will we need an Ireland 2080 plan then...

Where will these people come from? Where will they live when we already have a massive housing crisis? Will we be able to provide adequate healthcare for everyone? What happens if there's another big recession and we have so many more people to look after?

I worry about this direction. It seems to me like it puts the neoliberal agenda of the elites ahead of the societal wellbeing of the country.

Yes economies need to grow, but is there another way that doesn't involve such a massive influx of people?

Thoughts?

Last edited:

ted08

PI Member
Threads
An improvement on the national spatial strategy but still too much of a bit for everyone in the audience. The population projection figures are to be taken with a large pinch of salt.

Threads
I believe that we as a people and that includes all peoples and denominations residing within the southern counties - Jew - Muslim - Atheist - Wiccan - African - Asian - Mixed-Race - can hold hands and forge a bridge over the early twenty-first century thus leading us in to a newer and brighter elysium where every one has huge homosexual orgies. Just a civil comment for any mods present.

wasted years

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
for me it means the lands my ancestors inhabited 12000 years ago will no longer belong to that distinct tribe.
The physical and spiritual death of the Irish nation.

Threads
for me it means the lands my ancestors inhabited 12000 years ago will no longer belong to that distinct tribe.
TBH that happened when the brits fucked shit up mate. Just a civil comment for any mods present.

Cruimh

PI Member
Threads
2040 or 2050 - there will likely no longer be anything like the present EU and the present ROI will be in some relationship with the UK
There may be a new Bunreacht to reflect the difference from de Valera's Ireland - religiously and ethnically.

wasted years

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
TBH that happened when the brits fucked shit up mate. Just a civil comment for any mods present.
we may have lost much of what made us distinct as a nation but we still survived. we will not survive if criminals like Leo have their way

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Ireland 2040 - National Planning Framework

Oops, I didn't mean to post the thread yet. Please bare with me while I edit.

I call it Population Replacement Plan 2040. Given that the fertility rate of the Native Irish is far below replacement - and abortion will cut it by another 20% - we can be sure that 100% of the proposed extra million people will be migrants. In fact more than 100%, as there will be less Irish in 2040 than there are now.

ted08

PI Member
Threads
We're all blow ins going on that

wasted years

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
2040 or 2050 - there will likely no longer be anything like the present EU and the present ROI will be in some relationship with the UK
There may be a new Bunreacht to reflect the difference from de Valera's Ireland - religiously and ethnically.
The UK or at least England will be a predominantly muslim state. who knows what the relationship will be like.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads

Doubt if the so called "UK" will still exist. But I would like to see Ireland and Scotland in a Celtic Federation.

Top Bottom