• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Music Video WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO TODAY.

Conall Gulban

Staff member
PI Member
This was on my Bandcamp recs today

Love it. Ulaan Janthina appears to be one of many side projects of Steven R. Smith who seems quite an enigmatic character. Active since the 90's this is the first I've heard of him.
Great stuff! never heard of him either.
I've only been using Bandcamp for the last few months and have developed a serious addiction to buying tapes.

ShumanTheHuman

PI Member
What advantages does it have over Spotify?
Most importantly you pay for what you like, if you like and most of the money goes to the artist
The feeds based on your preferences are far superior to Spotify and the app and website are almost much more intuitive and a better user experience
For a company that prides itself on its development approach I always found the Spotify app awful
There is also a daily article that could be about any genre on the main page which is usually worth checking out to spur diversions into music you might otherwise not encounter

Conall Gulban

Staff member
PI Member
What advantages does it have over Spotify?
If you're into ambient, experimental, alternative kind of stuff its great. All of those type of artists seem to have migrated to it. As Shuman said the suggestions you get on your feed are far superior to Spotify. For me its actually the first time I've gotten music suggested to me that I actually like.

ShumanTheHuman

PI Member
If you're into ambient, experimental, alternative kind of stuff its great. All of those type of artists seem to have migrated to it. As Shuman said the suggestions you get on your feed are far superior to Spotify. For me its actually the first time I've gotten music suggested to me that I actually like.
Thats so true it's actually funny/sad

Conall Gulban

Staff member
PI Member
One major drawback for me is the shipping costs from the US are often prohibitively expensive.
I wanted to buy a tape last night which cost 8 dollars and the shipping cost to Ireland was 25 fuckin Euro!
Usually it's e16 - 18 which is still way too much.

ShumanTheHuman

PI Member
One major drawback for me is the shipping costs from the US are often prohibitively expensive.
I wanted to buy a tape last night which cost 8 dollars and the shipping cost to Ireland was 25 fuckin Euro!
Usually it's e16 - 18 which is still way too much.
I bought vinyl from Norway which cost 32 quid in total, won't be doing that too often. Mostly I buy full digital catalogs like Slifts 4 albums for €18.20. I'm happy to do it particularly now for bands I love instead of €9/month to Spotify and 5c/month (if they are lucky) to the band

Top Bottom