• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Music Video WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO TODAY.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
Poster of the Year
Just discovered this video :zlumi:

Karloff

PI Member
Imagine this rubbish has 1.4 billion views :oops:

All of what used to be known as famous art is now a question of marketing brands. Rap Hiphop, this garbage will persist for decades to come because it is perfect for the corporate model of the business. Whatever of melody and music is left is disappearing.

However i too wonder at how they get away with it, when i was a young teen i could see clearly why Stock Aitken and Waterman was crap. I could detect pop stars who relied on image versus groups whose stuff was superior.

I guess it all comes down to peer group bonding, teens go with the 'music' that helps them peer-bond and they are the market. Music (back when they had so many genius producers, when session musicians were musical experts in their own right at their chosen instruments) was driven by adults for adults once, i do not think it will ever happen again, we enjoy the fruit of it and that will never die but understand solemnly that the tree is dead.

Last edited:

Karloff

PI Member
Extraordinary song, great artist. Not surprised they don't play this on the radio these days.

With horsemen and bowmen and engines of war,
They broke through the city walls,
The Heathens were flying and screaming and dying,
And the Christian swords were strong,
And Saladin ran when he heard their victory song;
"We are invincible, God is the king,

Top Bottom