Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

West Ulster might be Irish, East Ulster might be British ?

OP
F
It's all Ireland,people that are determined to be British should be helped and encouraged to live there.

there are lots of British immigrants now living in the Republic.

What do you suggest happens with them ?

we have the 'Nigel Smith' types. Pure Anglo-Saxons. ExPat brits. Not dissimilar to the expats in Hong Kong, the Costa del Sol or wherever.

And then we have the 'Paddy Murphy' types, descended from irish who left these shores many decades ago. Often with lots of relatives here.

any suggestions ?

Last edited:

Anglophile

PI Member
I corrected this fellow before but he's a slow learner.
He doesn't understand the word Ulster.

For his benefit, the most westerly county in Ulster is Donegal.

You corrected no one - apart from an Edward Carson quote from 1912!!!:D

Donegal would be to the Loyalist's 'benefit' if there's a conflict.

Easily cut off.

Be careful what yiz wish for - the British Protestants of Northern Ireland will not be a push over!!! 🇬🇧 (y)

londonresident

PI Member
People here express themselves with the sort of arrogance that people support monarchy in my country. A united Ireland won't happen not for another fifty or hundred years. Comparisons from the past are pointless, in order for the British people to want to live in a unified island state, they will need to be feel welcomed, even the flag of the country would change. The Irish nation as known won't exist in a united Ireland, no way, it would need a new cultural shape.

If peace is possible, then the peace gates need to be removed, so it doesn't matter who is from what area or what ever.

Thelasthurrah

PI Member
it wasn't preposterous in 1921. The differential performances of Catholic & Protestant Wombs got us to a standoff in 1968.

The Ulster Prods don't want to make love with the Republic. To force ourselves on them is rape. When she says No she means it. Otherwise it is a crime, and invites retribution from all her brothers & cousins.

The flight of the Earls has inevitable consequences. And we all are still living with the consequences.
If a referendum results in a UI that's the issue decided, are you suggesting the very people who have been constantly bleating about democracy will not accept this, surely not!

Thelasthurrah

PI Member
You corrected no one - apart from an Edward Carson quote from 1912!!!:D

Donegal would be to the Loyalist's 'benefit' if there's a conflict.

Easily cut off.

Be careful what yiz wish for - the British Protestants of Northern Ireland will not be a push over!!! 🇬🇧 (y)
Are you suggesting these people won't accept the outcome of a democratic referendum and will resort to violence if they don't like the result?
if this were to happen you would obviously be to the forefront in condemning this terrorism. Those unhappy enough could always head back to the mothership, I'm sure they'd feel the love and be very welcome.

Anglophile

PI Member
Are you suggesting these people won't accept the outcome of a democratic referendum and will resort to violence if they don't like the result?
if this were to happen you would obviously be to the forefront in condemning this terrorism. Those unhappy enough could always head back to the mothership, I'm sure they'd feel the love and be very welcome.

....As I'm sure you're obviously to the forefront in condemning the IRA 32 County Irregulars who didn't accept a Dáil vote
and General Election result in 1922 - and plunged this state into Civil War....(y)

New Avenger

PI Member
The trolling hour has arrived.:trolldeltesoro::trolldeltesoro::trolldeltesoro:

Alright, Greg?
What tripe have you got for us tonight?

New Avenger

PI Member
Let's see...something about Britain and Boris, then Israel, then the shinners, then 'conspiraloons' and rounding off with some fluffing of your betters?
Am I right? Am I right?
:LOL::Middle Finger:

Top Bottom