Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

West Ulster might be Irish, East Ulster might be British ?

Follow the links below to see the demographics and in what direction they are all travelling. Personally, if Antrim overwhelmingly wishes to be British well then the people have spoken. And similarly for Fermanagh, Derry and South County Down - if they want to be more irish than British then fine ? Surely democracy at a County level (or smaller) must hold some sway ?

conclusions :
- that Sinn Fein are being totally unreasonable in chasing a United Ireland ?
- that Arlene Foster and co. are being similarly inflexible and difficult ?
- that Brexit is more of an opportunity than a threat ?
- that maybe we can all get along in peace and mutual respect ?
- that the long-term unemployed may be incentivised to move into an area with a majority of their own religion ? Over 20 years, make Derry Greener and Carrickfergus more Orange ?

thoughts ? opinions ?

Demography of Northern Ireland - Wikipedia

OP
F
East Ulster, north of the Glens of Antrim and south of the Mountains of Mourne is Irish.

yes, as per the map in my link. You are correct. The thread title wishes to generalise and not get bogged down in details. The map suggests that it is possible to achieve an end to divided neighbourhoods, an end to marching, an end to sectarianism....if, and only if, both communities feel unthreatened and feel respected in their own towns.

When SF keep banging on about a United Ireland, is it any surprise the prods start marching and getting all angry ? And when Arlene Foster says that Newry must remain British, is it any wonder the Catholics living there all vote SF again ?

respect the people, respect the demographics map.

OP
F
You don't let a fucking foreign people carve up your country. That's the bottom line. Either they assimilate or fuck off.

greetings A chara, or should i say Comrade ?

regarding the current invasion and plantation of the Republic from the Third World, i would agree with you. And not liking the SF policy on the same.

Regarding the prods who have been in Ulster since the flaccid member of Henry Viii got the ball rolling.... its a bit too late to ask them to leave. They will not fit in well in places like Birmingham or East London. You would have more luck asking those of European stock to vacate the US and give it back to the indian tribes. Noble ideals but its never going to happen.

The Potato Mystic

PI Member
You had Baroness Paisley softening up to a UI. You even had Peter Robinson saying something similar.

Meanwhile Scum Fein strut around at the ahead of a crayon gobbling clown caravan of zombies, crocodile costume wearing weirdos and other assorted goblins.

Suffice to say noone is offering anything to anyone on anything. Still less making a presentation for a UI.

Everyone loves their trough too much.

Maybe Missus Paisley and old Robo realising that the chances of a UI are a flat zero and just said to hell with it - we'll sound like the reasonable ones for a change in the full knowledge that nationalist/republicans are a complete mess. The best hope for a UI lies in the SNP kicking up a stink - and that is sad, guys. That is sad.

Napper Tandy

PI Member
Follow the links below to see the demographics and in what direction they are all travelling. Personally, if Antrim overwhelmingly wishes to be British well then the people have spoken. And similarly for Fermanagh, Derry and South County Down - if they want to be more irish than British then fine ? Surely democracy at a County level (or smaller) must hold some sway ?

conclusions :
- that Sinn Fein are being totally unreasonable in chasing a United Ireland ?
- that Arlene Foster and co. are being similarly inflexible and difficult ?
- that Brexit is more of an opportunity than a threat ?
- that maybe we can all get along in peace and mutual respect ?
- that the long-term unemployed may be incentivised to move into an area with a majority of their own religion ? Over 20 years, make Derry Greener and Carrickfergus more Orange ?

thoughts ? opinions ?

Re-partition
My hole , you dirty rotten sleeveen

Joe McKelvey

PI Member
greetings A chara, or should i say Comrade ?

regarding the current invasion and plantation of the Republic from the Third World, i would agree with you. And not liking the SF policy on the same.

Regarding the prods who have been in Ulster since the flaccid member of Henry Viii got the ball rolling.... its a bit too late to ask them to leave. They will not fit in well in places like Birmingham or East London. You would have more luck asking those of European stock to vacate the US and give it back to the indian tribes. Noble ideals but its never going to happen.

The bottom line is they are reliant on a foreign power to sustain their position in a zone occupied by said foreign power. Republicans have been more than willingly to offer this grouping concessions etc via Eire Nua but they have consistently rejected it. I believe the UVF themselves debated it 6 times and opposed it all 6.

They love Britain so back to Britain with them if they cannot live under Irish law (which I have no problem with them doing so).

Top Bottom