Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in

"We're not white, we're Irish!"

OP
J

James_Dawson_is_back

PI Member
Restricted
The acceptable time to feel guilt is when you are doing it currently yes.

Not because your great great great grandfathers may have done it.
So just because I have "white skin" I should feel guilty?

Sorry, I don't do White Guilt, I'm not a leftist. Or irrational.

Milominderbender

PI Member
I believe that ethnically Irish people should always remain a super majority in Ireland. According to the wikipedia article you posted that makes me a white nationalist. So be it. Although I've little issue with people of different ethnic groups living in Ireland provided it is an organic occurrence.

Socially engineered transfers of population especially without the consent of the people will not end well. On the other hand arguing that someone with a foreign grandparent is less Irish than the rest of us is a dead end. One that Gearoid Murphy was wise to avoid.

OP
J

James_Dawson_is_back

PI Member
Restricted
I believe that ethnically Irish people should always remain a super majority in Ireland. According to the wikipedia article you posted that makes me a white nationalist. So be it. Although I've little issue with people of different ethnic groups living in Ireland provided it is an organic occurrence.

Socially engineered transfers of population especially without the consent of the people will not end well. On the other hand arguing that someone with a foreign grandparent is less Irish than the rest of us is a dead end. One that Gearoid Murphy was wise to avoid.
👌

OP
J

James_Dawson_is_back

PI Member
Restricted

I think Gearoid Murphy "avoided it" because he's a civic nationalist, and he knew he was among ethno-nationalists :)

Ethno-nationalists speak the ultimate truth.

Milominderbender

PI Member
I think Gearoid Murphy "avoided it" because he's a civic nationalist, and he knew he was among ethno-nationalists :)

Ethno-nationalists speak the ultimate truth.
I'm guessing he avoided it as to argue that people like Sean Og Ó Halpin and Paul Mc Grath are less Irish than the rest of us would go down like a lead balloon to the Irish public.

OP
J

James_Dawson_is_back

PI Member
Restricted
I'm guessing he avoided it as to argue that people like Sean Og Ó Halpin and Paul Mc Grath are less Irish than the rest of us would go down like a lead balloon to the Irish public.
They're not Irish.

Paul McGrath, for example, has an African parent. That makes him half Irish.

You could call him culturally Irish, if you so wished, but he's not Irish.

Ethno-nationalists are extremely clear, nationality and ethnicity/race are the same thing.

The Doc

PI Member
It's not so much being scared of race realism. It's more of the fact of abandoning being ethnically Irish, to being white.

OP
J

James_Dawson_is_back

PI Member
Restricted
It's not so much being scared of race realism. It's more of the fact of abandoning being ethnically Irish, to being white.
1) Who's "abandoning" it?

2) Race denialism (as opposed to race realism) is really about denying (politically incorrect) differences between the races up to and including the literal biological denial of human subspecies (races) "There is only one race - the human race"

Milominderbender

PI Member
They're not Irish.

Paul McGrath, for example, has an African parent. That makes him half Irish.

You could call him culturally Irish, if you so wished, but he's not Irish.

Ethno-nationalists are extremely clear, nationality and ethnicity/race are the same thing.
Nationalism is much more than ethnicity. Although that is an important part. There is culture, language, community a love and deep spiritual connection to our land.

Many great Irish Patriots would be classified by you as "half Irish". I'd be interested to know how you think you'll win the Irish public to your way of thinking.

Top Bottom