• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Welcome to our new members

Is that one still going? She was weird but harmless when I was posting there years ago.

Fulfils a useful function by making the other nutters feel saner about themselves, I suppose.
I think she's been "ejected" from several hobby horse threads, so she's now campaigning to be elected first consul.

Emily's the new liberal village idiot.

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
Well, Olli never actually tells us why he feels that way. I suspect he doesn't know himself, and it would take several years of psychoanalysis to get to the bottom of it.
He feels that way because his interactions with these people over the past 30 years has been pleasant. He rathers to have them in the area than nobody, as the native irish emigrated from there, as there standards were higher.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
He feels that way because his interactions with these people over the past 30 years has been pleasant. He rathers to have them in the area than nobody, as the native irish emigrated from there, as there standards were higher.

I've read enough of his posts to know that his motivations are nothing like that. He has a pathological hatred of everything Irish and native. He couldn't even bring himself to marry an Irish woman - though there were plenty of them in the West of Ireland when he was a young man.

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
None perhaps. He is set in his ways. It is a benefit to you though to understand why he thinks that way.
I'm always open to genuine people and their ideas, but not every idea is worth finding out about. If someone believes it's a good idea to jump off a cliff, I know instinctively that that's a bad idea without having to dig into it. He has no love for Ireland, and that's a problem for me. Anyone who wants a million foreigners to move to the beautiful west of Ireland, effectively destroying everything Irish about it, is a maniac.

I'm always open to genuine people and their ideas, but not every idea is worth finding out about. If someone believes it's a good idea to jump off a cliff, I know instinctively that that's a bad idea without having to dig into it. He has no love for Ireland, and that's a problem for me. Anyone who wants a million foreigners to move to the beautiful west of Ireland, effectively destroying everything Irish about it, is a maniac.
On the subject of Ireland, Irish-ness and its decline there are some heads in the sand, and the absurd scenario of Irish liberals celebrating the Irish psyche, whilst contributing - perhaps uniwittingly - to its inexorable demise.

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
On the subject of Ireland, Irish-ness and its decline there are some heads in the sand, and the absurd scenario of Irish liberals celebrating the Irish psyche, whilst contributing - perhaps uniwittingly - to its inexorable demise.
They've created a new meaning for Irishness to fit their multicultural dream, it's as if a line was drawn with the past and it doesn't exist anymore. Michael Martin a few weeks ago going on about getting rid of the outdated(?) idea of sovereignty, or however he put it. Ireland now means being 'open to everything' or some nondescript nonsense like that.

TheWexfordInn

Donator
Premium Account
They've created a new meaning for Irishness to fit their multicultural dream, it's as if a line was drawn with the past and it doesn't exist anymore. Michael Martin a few weeks ago going on about getting rid of the outdated(?) idea of sovereignty, or however he put it. Ireland now means being 'open to everything' or some nondescript nonsense like that.
Im starting to think that "Irish" is now getting watered down in the manner of the term "British". "British" today is a term used by immigrants who happen to have been born in Britain but have no sense of allegiance to its historical identity. They would be
repelled by the thought of their being English, Scottish, Welsh or whatever the NI people want to call themselves.

But at least the native population of Britain have their various national identities to fall back on, sadly for Irish people if their identity is similarly hijacked they have nothing.

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
Im starting to think that "Irish" is now getting watered down in the manner of the term "British". "British" today is a term used by immigrants who happen to have been born in Britain but have no sense of allegiance to its historical identity. They would be
repelled by the thought of their being English, Scottish, Welsh or whatever the NI people want to call themselves.

But at least the native population of Britain have their various national identities to fall back on, sadly for Irish people if their identity is similarly hijacked they have nothing.
It's below British at this stage, as British manages to cover just 4 'nationalities'. The 'new Irish' covers the whole world- as Enda-days says 'we're a global people'. :vomiton22je:

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
I've read enough of his posts to know that his motivations are nothing like that. He has a pathological hatred of everything Irish and native. He couldn't even bring himself to marry an Irish woman - though there were plenty of them in the West of Ireland when he was a young man.
Maybe they wouldn't marry him. I disagree with your theory. For example, he said that Irish is a dead language, he might not dislike irish but he might conclude it has little practical value. That is his opinion.

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
So just let him jump off the cliff, you will not change him.

We're all global and homogenised now, a blob of identity-free land indistinguishable from any other.
Our treacherous leaders have colluded in bringing about what centuries of colonisation and oppression failed to do.

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
But isn't that the point I was initially making, that you seemed to disagree with? That there's no point in debating him, just let him rot?
Exactly, there is no point in debate, he will not change. His opinions have been shaped decades ago.

You might also learn how to spell; but I suppose that's a vain hope.:smiley:
Oh really? Trying to derail the thread with your abuse now . Is that the best you can when I was civil in my suggestion to you . Lets also always remember that you are scuttering neo Nazi who posts under a Nazi/Stailinist username and gave advise to American neo Nazi supremacists on how to infiltrate this site .