• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Welcome to our new members

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
There was a time I thought the same of you, Myles, but you've managed to prove me wrong. And that took some doing on your behalf, tbf.

My understanding of Olli is that his opinions are shaped by his own experiences in his own area over many decades. However those people imo are a different kind than we see landing in western Europe in 2017.
Y'know I read this post the first time...And without any preconceptions or prejudice as to what you might type -- I thought you typed "arse" instead of "area"....

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
I doubt Olli has thought anything through long enough to form something that could be referred to as his own opinion. He's a wall that a ball bounces off, nothing more.
Young people get their opinions from propaganda and programming. Older people get their opinions from their experiences. Olli I suppose has had few negative interactions with the people he has met that moved to Mayo in the late 70s into the 80s.

He wants activity in the area, I would favor less activity. I see a shrinking Irish population as not as bad as a growing population that is becoming less Irish.

Botchulism.ie is a claustrophobic battery hen forum of clucking non-entities were imagination is unceremoniously stamped upon with the truncheon of totalitarian moderation. A suffocating snowflake cyber-state in other words.

We're a forum of falcons, soaring among the stars, going wherever the truth takes us.

Naturally, the battery hens can only squawk in a jealous rage.
I agree. This site is a breath of fresh air. Even if I have to tolerate you and Taigy's pretentious butchery of the English language.

I agree. This site is a breath of fresh air. Even if I have to tolerate you and Taigy's pretentious butchery of the English language.
Well, you're certainly no battery hen, Herniaclitus. You're much too lively and happy for that...so credit where credit is due on that front. But we can't call you one of the forum falcons either and keep a straight face, now can we? I mean that ain't happenin'.

How about the forum canary? A mighty fine bird, the canary, but, my goodness, the tidal wave of chirping when they get into a tizzy can get bothersome from time to time....

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
Young people get their opinions from propaganda and programming. Older people get their opinions from their experiences. Olli I suppose has had few negative interactions with the people he has met that moved to Mayo in the late 70s into the 80s.

He wants activity in the area, I would favor less activity. I see a shrinking Irish population as not as bad as a growing population that is becoming less Irish.
Do you think there's much debate to be had with someone who yearns to have a million Polish people move to the West of Ireland?

It's mostly abortion and anti RCC threads now. Libtards versus left footers. Predictable hokum.

That mad thing Starry Plough is still leaving her soiled knickers strewn about the place too.
Is that one still going? She was weird but harmless when I was posting there years ago.

Fulfils a useful function by making the other nutters feel saner about themselves, I suppose.

From the same trolls as always.

The same ones who used to shout racist or hurl personal abuse all the time and be allowed get away with it because the mods agreed with them.

They hate this place because that shit isnt tolerated and you have to discuss or make a case for your point of view.

Thats why they hate it here.
Those who like to prove their liberal credentials by being so right-on about Islamic terrorism, SSM and feminism, but promptly disappear when asked to square their views with surrogacy and the exploitation of poor Asian women, and Islam's attitudes to gays and women?

The 'copy-and-paste' show-off windbags with highest post counts are colossal bores alright, but the 'witty one-liner' in-crowd come a close second, followed by the unbalanced loons who just constantly vent their rage against the RCC.

Anyway, I think PI should stand on its own merits, and not become a forum for bitching about the demise of P.ie, so I'll quit bitchin'..:smiley:

Those who like to prove their liberal credentials by being so right-on about Islamic terrorism, SSM and feminism, but promptly disappear when asked to square their views with surrogacy and the exploitation of poor Asian women, and Islam's attitudes to gays and women?

The 'copy-and-paste' show-off windbags with highest post counts are colossal bores alright, but the 'witty one-liner' in-crowd come a close second, followed by the unbalanced loons who just constantly vent their rage against the RCC.

Anyway, I think PI should stand on its own merits, and not become a forum for bitching about the demise of P.ie, so I'll quit bitchin'..:smiley:
Might be a better idea if you stop been a hysterical big girls blouse ffs.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
None perhaps. He is set in his ways. It is a benefit to you though to understand why he thinks that way.

Well, Olli never actually tells us why he feels that way. I suspect he doesn't know himself, and it would take several years of psychoanalysis to get to the bottom of it.