Hot Welcome to Ireland's new ethic community - Travellers.

Greengoose

PI Member
Travellers are the real, authentic Irish - the pure, ethnic, genetic descendants of the dispossessed -
following the various plantations.

You bourgeois, middle class lads are the descendants of those who made money and stole land
during the Famine, land agitation and 'Revolutionary' thefts and handouts....(y)
Speaking of stealing...

johnhan279

PI Member

BOLLARDS installed on the Kilmore Road for over a decade have been likened to border control measures during the Troubles.
Local residents groups have called for the bollards, which line the road all the way from Kilmore Road to the Churchfield Industrial Estate, to be removed as they believe they are leading to a negative image of the area.
The concrete bollards were placed along the route as a temporary measure to prevent unofficial halting sites being established but were filled with concrete in recent years.

johnhan279

PI Member
The Echo understands that a number of unlicensed rubbish collectors are still operating around the city despite efforts by City Hall to deal with the problem by closing down a well-known illegal dumpsite earlier this year. Ellis’s Yard was cleaned up by Cork City Council contractors in February at a cost of €53,000 and security fencing was erected and CCTV mounted. Since then several dumping incidents have been reported in the immediate area around Ellis’s Yard. It is feared the illegal waste operators have moved to areas where there is no surveillance.

Tadhg Gaelach

Staff member
Donator
PI Member
Travellers won't move into €1.7m council homes without stables and half-acres of land

A group of Travellers won't move into a €1.7m development of new houses that the council has built for them at Cabragh Bridge outside Thurles unless two stables and at least half an acre of land behind each house are also provided.

'They want us to drop our culture and throw it aside' - Traveller families won't move into €1.7m homes without stables and land - Independent.ie

You'd have to ask why this estate was built without consulting with the people it was supposedly designed for.

johnhan279

PI Member

Firefighters in Cork City have called for garda backup to call-outs near a halting site after a colleague was injured in a stone attack.
It is the third time in two years that a firefighter has been injured in the line of duty close to the Spring Lane halting site in Ballyvolane, on the city’s northside.
A massive illegal dump alongside the halting site, which was the source of most of the fires last year, was cleared in February.
But dumping in the area is on the rise again.
But in May, a security hut was burned out and staff were intimidated by a gang of masked men. Recently installed security lighting has also been damaged.

BSA

PI Member
Following this story on Sky and other UK news outlets..

English PC Andrew Harper murdered, while investigating a burglary, by being dragged to his death behind a late model BMW..

I might be able to help.. I'll get out my magnifying glass and Sherlock Holmes deerstalker hat...

Let me knock the mothballs out of this hat stroke my chin for a while.. Watson.....

Which group of people commit crimes with the following trademarks...

They live in halting sites...

The 'adults', bring their children along to the crimes they commit so as they be be apprenticed to the ancient trade of aggravated burglary and in this case... capital murder..

They commit crimes in large numbers, up to ten including children, using expensive vehicles.

They are not involved in heists or bank raids, which would involve forward planning, or perish the thought, work, by a small group of people for large rewards. ( The average successful home or small business burglary in the UK nets less than a grand. Divide that between ten or fifteen people - less than sixty or eighty quid each, less the cost of the expensive car used.) This means their motive is not financial but sadistic excitement from violence and damage to other people's lives and possessions.

Their crimes involve psychotic levels of violence on victims, witnesses and anyone who gets involved. This provides valuable hands on training for the children they have brought along.

By Jove... I'm stumped Watson... This'll never be solved...

Last edited:
Top Bottom