Welcome to Political Irish

We believe in free legal speech, fair play and good discussion. Sign up and join in!

Register Log in
  • Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

Weird Aldi/Lidl Meat

Peppermint

PI Member
AND sausage meat is very vague. Ask what parts of a pig went into that sausage (ALL the parts), you may be surprised, but it 's not exactly the err "best" cuts..
Even with the local butcher.. Why would he?

Peppermint

PI Member
What makes up the 55 per cent??
Stuff.. If you eat sausages you really should have a glance at the ingredients list.!
And remember they are obliged to list their ingredients in order of quantity, so if pork is not first on the list in a "pork" sausage, question that sausage!!
I recently bought a treat for my dog. Bone Marrow nibbles, they sounded great. I put my wee dog through it's paces, then tried to treat her.. But Bone Marrow nibbles seemed about as appealing as a raw carrot to my dog. Further inspection revealed it was a doggie "vegetarian" food .. I turned the local air blue.. To no avail..
SO the lesson is, READ THE (Fuucckin) LABEL!

D

Deleted member 2544

Non Registered Member
Stuff.. If you eat sausages you really should have a glance at the ingredients list.!
And remember they are obliged to list their ingredients in order of quantity, so if pork is not first on the list in a "pork" sausage, question that sausage!!
I recently bought a treat for my dog. Bone Marrow nibbles, they sounded great. I put my wee dog through it's paces, then tried to treat her.. But Bone Marrow nibbles seemed about as appealing as a raw carrot to my dog. Further inspection revealed it was a doggie "vegetarian" food .. I turned the local air blue.. To no avail..
SO the lesson is, READ THE (Fuucckin) LABEL!
Thankfully I don't eat them that much but my Dad is a big fan of SuperValu sausages. I always get my meat from a butchers anyway.

johnhan279

PI Member
"There are two things that nobody should witness - their parents making love, and sausages being made"
:confused:

"Laws, like sausages, cease to inspire respect in proportion as we know how they are made."
John Godfrey Saxe University Chronicle. University of Michigan (27 March 1869)

Reactions: Ted

Saul Goodman

Donator
Premium
PI Member
9% growth announced today and people are eating rats .......hmmmmm :thinking:

NiceNin

Staff member
Donator
Premium
PI Member
Aldi steaks are awesome. €5.99 for two with no gristle. Couldn't care less if they were cooked up from an 80s Paul Verhoeven sci fi flick.

D

Deleted member 1106

Non Registered Member
some of their canned meat is great. tuna, salmon and their tinned polish sausages are the best out there.

GodsDog

Staff member
Premium
PI Member
Instead of eating disgusting cheap dogfood masquerading as nutrition, you should just go veggi lads.
It's a healthier, low cholesterol diet which is largely cruelty free and enables a clearer conscience,
goes some way towards reducing your carbon footprint,
and crucially the food isn't full of parasites, hormones, antibiotics, minced lungs, arseholes and entrails
and it doesn't taste like pedigree chum or kitty kat! LOLlllllllllllll

Top Bottom