London

Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Political Irish
Threads
Weather Warning issued by Met MET ÉIREANN 

MET ÉIREANN HAS issued a status red weather warning for Connacht, Donegal, Clare and Kerry.
It warns of incessant falls of heavy rain overnight and for all of Saturday as Storm Desmond hits the country.
As much as 70mm of rain is expected to fall over this period, and even more on higher ground, the forecaster said.

The warning is valid from 6pm tonight to 3am on Sunday morning.

Status orange and yellow warnings are in place across the country.

Becoming windy as Storm Desmond feeds in incessant falls of rain. The rain will reach the W & NW this aft extending countrywide this eve....
Met Éireann (@MetEireann) December 4, 2015

... Highest level RED rainfall warning for selected counties. Highs of 10 to 12, in very strong SW winds.
Met Éireann (@MetEireann) December 4, 2015

Threads
Thanks for that. Tend to find that when the good old wheelie bin is empty or near empty, they tend to take off into the wind quickly enough. Must put it into the shed!

Threads
Finished Symphony said:
Thanks for that. Tend to find that when the good old wheelie bin is empty or near empty, they tend to take off into the wind quickly enough. Must put it into the shed!
Must get my stuff to the recycling centre now. It's really hard to drag a handcart through the pouring rain as well as high winds (I only live around the corner from the recycling centre, do not currently have a car).

Threads
gracethepirate said:
Must get my stuff to the recycling centre now. It's really hard to drag a handcart through the pouring rain as well as high winds (I only live around the corner from the recycling centre, do not currently have a car).
Would leave it until the last possible moment myself on the chance it might calm down, but then again if on a schedule might not happen.

ergo2

PI Member
Threads
If possible would skip recycling or similar trips today

Getting rather breezy on the west coast

Threads
ergo2 said:
If possible would skip recycling or similar trips today

Getting rather breezy on the west coast
Had to do it, it was blocking my front door, and I should have done it yesterday but forgot until after the recycling centre had closed.

Rain threatening, bit of a breeze but no rain :)

Dedogs

PI Member
Threads
no matter how hard youre gettin it itll be wores for lads with combovers.... ;););)

Threads
Dedogs said:
no matter how hard youre gettin it itll be wores for lads with combovers.... ;););)
Imagining Donald Trump in the north west of Ireland on a rainy, windy day...
:D :dodgy:

BURNOUT

PI Member
Threads
Heavy rain has now started in Limerick west. Mind the backroads for floods.

Top Bottom