• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

We need to talk about Greta Thunberg, Climate Strikes and the ruse that is being played out.

valamhic

PI Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAH, the game is up for these eco-terrorist scumbags. The people are fighting back as the corrupt police allow terrorists to cause havoc. Great to see!!!!!!
In fairness to the Police, they did ban them out of London.

valamhic

PI Member

HAHAHAHAHAHAH, the game is up for these eco-terrorist scumbags. The people are fighting back as the corrupt police allow terrorists to cause havoc. Great to see!!!!!!
The latest is that the police are investigation the commuters and may prosecute them. But you nay be right, at long last it looks like the ordinary people are fighting back.

valamhic

PI Member
Greta Thunberg will interview David Attenborough in a special edition of the BBC's flagship radio news show

Attenborourgh has lost all credibility with his fake wildlife shows. They are really films like a hollywood film, stunts and all

Dicharddrex

PI Member
Attenborourgh has lost all credibility with his fake wildlife shows. They are really films like a hollywood film, stunts and all
Exactly. So much of the BBC's output is visually slick, with lots of great camerawork, but the material leaves a lot to be desired.

Is Attenborough even a qualified scientist? I think a lot of people are under the impression that he's a leading scientist in his field...

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
Exactly. So much of the BBC's output is visually slick, with lots of great camerawork, but the material leaves a lot to be desired.

Is Attenborough even a qualified scientist? I think a lot of people are under the impression that he's a leading scientist in his field...
According to wikipedia he studied Zoology and Geology. He obtained a degree in Natural Sciences from Cambridge. He's clearly a very intelligent man and passionate about the natural world.

As for being a leading scientist in his fields? Well, he's primarily a film maker. He's worked for the BBC for 60 years making documentaries; aside from bringing the natural world into the average schmoe's living room, I don't think he's directly assisted in advancing Geology and/or Zoology? He may have inspired others to devote their lives to studying the earth's fragile ecosystems.

IMO he deserves adulation and praise for what he's done as a film maker, but that doesn't mean that I have to take his word as a gospel.

I used to like watching his TV shows and as you say they are often visually stunning, but like a lot of the BBC's output, the narrative is often biased:

@6:00 he has to cap some stunning footage with more global warming evangelism.

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member

jpc

PI Member
She will read a rehearsed script to Attenborough.
He will respond.
Everyone is meant to be profoundly moved.

Top Bottom