Watch the Bitcoin Bubble Burst

A few of the spreadbetting platforms offer Bitcoin trading.

I wonder how many naive gobsh1tes thought a stop-loss would protect them?

OP
OP
Dan Óg

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
Ripple 1.40

So in 12 hours it rises 40%

Keep in mind that the capitalization involved is 54 billion dollars or more than Ford is worth

OP
OP
Dan Óg

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account

It looks as if the latest bounce is exhausted.Let's see it 10000 can hold here now. Probably not and it is off to 7000 we go, on it's way to the bottom.

Tadhg Gaelach

Donator
Premium Account
Just thinking about this and it struck me that when the next shock comes and there's a rush to quality - as there always is in time of crisis - there's a hierarchy of quality that goes something like this,

1) Gold
2) US Treasuries
3) US dollars
4) Swiss Francs and Yen
5) Cash and deposits of other Majors, including Euro.

I don't think cryptos will even feature on the list of what anyone would want in another 2008 style collapse. That surely must have an influence on its long term value.

Just thinking about this and it struck me that when the next shock comes and there's a rush to quality - as there always is in time of crisis - there's a hierarchy of quality that goes something like this,

1) Gold
2) US Treasuries
3) US dollars
4) Swiss Francs and Yen
5) Cash and deposits of other Majors, including Euro.

I don't think cryptos will even feature on the list of what anyone would want in another 2008 style collapse. That surely must have an influence on its long term value.
US treasuries and dollars are backed by the US military. The US military has become so infatuated by race and gender quotas that it can't even navigate the seas safely. I'm talking about navigation, never mind a war footing. US military hardware is so expensive because it must make it idiot proof. I agree on cryptos, they'll go the way of the Rubiks Cube.

OP
OP
Dan Óg

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account

Even at 17 billion,it was outlandish because their only value is the fact that the supply was finite, which of course is not true. I might start my own currency.

They have gotten a temporary reprieve over the last few days due to a greatly weakening dollars but that could pass as quickly as it has come.

The bitconnect scam burst, price dropped from 440 usd to just 10 now.

A shitty japanese exchange was hacked in the last day or so and they lost 400 million, but this is in the context of the total coin market cap being half a trillion.

I think we need to distinguish between scams, bitcoin, and then the application of the blockchain technology as an immutable ledger.

For example in Ireland, they have no idea how many residential building units were finished in 2017. They were using ESB connection in the department of the environment to measure this. But that's a poor measure. buildings come in and out of use, some are held by speculators and not connected to the grid. A legal requirement to put new units on a publically viewable chain of records, their information, and when they go out of use would be something young Eoghan Murphy could do. He could even do this in a centralised database which he does not. The country of Georgia is putting their entire land registry on a blockchain.

OP
OP
Dan Óg

Dan Óg

Ui Máine
Staff member
Donator
Premium Account
The pain is just so enjoyable.

We are now at 8800

Ripple at 0.86

Greed and Fear. Those are the two emotions that stock players endure.

Top Bottom