Virtue signaling gone wrong. Nike's shares plummet

jpc

PI Member
Threads
NIKE were only too happy to sponsor Lance Armstrong.

I stopped buying their product once I became aware of their sweat shop production and logistics system.
Can't tell kids though!
The reality of how the gear is manufactured doesn't impinge on the marketing spiel.
People see what they want to see.
Strange that!

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Let's not forget that Kaerpernick started kneeling when Obama was President, yet the media have made it all about Trump.
Kapernick was well reputed by his 'fellow blacks', not to mention his white parents, as being out to prove himself as a 'black man'...

He's a phony all ways and besides, it's almost funny that he's managed to run his shtick this far...

Libtards love adoption until it ruins their buzz...

D

Deleted member 2544

Non Registered Member
Thanks OD. I agree with what she says about Williams' behaviour.

One thing I don't get. She starts off by saying:

"Serena Williams has part of it right. There is a huge double standard for women when it comes to how bad behavior is punished — and not just in tennis. "

She then proceeds to give no examples to back up the claim that men and women are punished differently when it comes to bad behaviour.

Then she says: "If, in fact, the guys are treated with a different measuring stick for the same transgressions, this needs to be thoroughly examined and must be fixed ".

If? Doesn't that contradict what she said earlier?

Last edited by a moderator:
Threads
Thanks OD. I agree with what she says about Williams' behaviour.

What thing I don't get. She starts off by saying:

"Serena Williams has part of it right. There is a huge double standard for women when it comes to how bad behavior is punished — and not just in tennis. "

She then proceeds to give no examples to back up the claim that men and women are punished differently when it comes to bad behaviour.

Then she says: "If, in fact, the guys are treated with a different measuring stick for the same transgressions, this needs to be thoroughly examined and must be fixed ".

If? Doesn't that contradict what she said earlier?
She knows that if she were to tell the whole truth, that Serena Williams was totally out of order and should apologise not just for her appalling remarks to the man, and the disgusting way she treated her opponent but also for pulling the sexist card and the mommy card, that she would be called a racist. That's what it's really about, fear of being labelled racist. The reality is that Serena Williams is fat, out of shape and was outclassed in every way by her opponent. That was something that she couldn't handle, so rather than accept defeat gracefully she went into full meltdown like a spoiled little bitch. Rather than apologise she posts pictures of herself and her daughter every few days, I doubt it'll be long before we see that the marriage is on the rocks and headed for divorce.

D

Deleted member 2544

Non Registered Member
She knows that if she were to tell the whole truth, that Serena Williams was totally out of order and should apologise not just for her appalling remarks to the man, and the disgusting way she treated her opponent but also for pulling the sexist card and the mommy card, that she would be called a racist. That's what it's really about, fear of being labelled racist. The reality is that Serena Williams is fat, out of shape and was outclassed in every way by her opponent. That was something that she couldn't handle, so rather than accept defeat gracefully she went into full meltdown like a spoiled little bitch. Rather than apologise she posts pictures of herself and her daughter every few days, I doubt it'll be long before we see that the marriage is on the rocks and headed for divorce.
As predictable as it was that she would claim to be representing the sisterhood, the first thing that stuck me was: What about the women on the other side of the net? A 20 year old winning the US Open is a great achievement, yet Williams spoiled it for her with her histrionics.

Unfortunately, there is a huge victim industry in the States. Black people and women sit on top so it was hardly surprising to see the many idiots in the media defending her actions. Just imagine a white male tennis player had acted in the same manner.

Top Bottom