Virtue signaling gone wrong. Nike's shares plummet

Ire-land

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Nike's online sales surge in days after Kaepernick ad debut
Nike sales surge and shares have regained most of their market value.
not good news when a multinational company is prepared to back a racially charged campaign come out of it in a healthy position.
Honestly, when I first heard that Nike were doing this, I figured they had their ass covered- I don't believe for a second that they'd have risked it all without a backup plan to cover them.

It probably sounds a bit conspiracy theory-ish, but I suspect the whole thing was setup from the get go. This period of time is effectively a precursor to the next presidential campaign, and if you think of the money spent there, it would be a pittance in comparrison to run Nike stock up and down for PR's sake. And the symbolism of Trump vs. Kaerpernick, and the latter coming out on 'top', is just too good to miss.

D

Deleted member 2544

Non Registered Member
I can't speak for them, since I'm a civil servant and like my peers, haven't worked an honest day in my life.

There are quite a lot of hillbillies in my neck of the woods (and retired ex-military and police) who have a very dim view of their shenanigans and they may no longer watch NFL games as a result. There is also a lot of white trash who may feel some emotion or pang of conscience when these idiots kneel down, but that's soon forgotten because they love sportsball so and they have to live vicariously through a bunch of athletes. These whites are truly lost, because they've forsaken their own cultural heritage and replaced it with a watered-down version of black ghetto culture. I would assume that urban whites don't give a frog's fat ass and rural do.

I have neither cable nor satellite TV access and I'm so much the better for it.
Ah right. Thanks for the info. The US seems to be a bit of a basket case at the moment. A lot of warring factions and tribes.

Tadhg Ó Raghallaigh

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Ah right. Thanks for the info. The US seems to be a bit of a basket case at the moment. A lot of warring factions and tribes.
You're welcome, Murt, but I'd be interested in Dan's opinion as well. Then again, neither of us is a football fan.

wasted years

Donator
Premium Account
PI Member
Threads
Honestly, when I first heard that Nike were doing this, I figured they had their ass covered- I don't believe for a second that they'd have risked it all without a backup plan to cover them.

It probably sounds a bit conspiracy theory-ish, but I suspect the whole thing was setup from the get go. This period of time is effectively a precursor to the next presidential campaign, and if you think of the money spent there, it would be a pittance in comparrison to run Nike stock up and down for PR's sake. And the symbolism of Trump vs. Kaerpernick, and the latter coming out on 'top', is just too good to miss.
spot on.
they knew the publicity this would get plus marketing your brand in a "bold anti hero " fashion against the establishment was actually quite smart.
Nike is a global brand aimed at under 40s, the negative fallout in certain sections of white America could easily have being negated by the positive publicity elsewhere in the world.
that's the problem with being a minority in a globalised world. you'll become insignificant very quick.

Threads

Let's not forget that Kaerpernick started kneeling when Obama was President, yet the media have made it all about Trump.

Threads
Let's not forget that Kaerpernick started kneeling when Obama was President, yet the media have made it all about Trump.
Obama is the reason that race relations in America is so bad now. He was so desperate to be the first black American President that he gave the race baiters Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson a platform that allowed them to spread their hate to a larger audience those 2 men have made personal multi million dollar fortunes from race baiting. Thanks to Obama we have a rise in fascism from blacks on whites under the guise of BLM and the Black Panthers have been given legitimacy by celebrities like Beyonce and the Williams sisters. Thanks to Obama, who achieved nothing of any significance during his Presidency, America is more racially divided than ever. Ultimately history will not be kind to the Obama's.

Rommel

PI Member
Threads
Obama is the reason that race relations in America is so bad now. He was so desperate to be the first black American President that he gave the race baiters Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson a platform that allowed them to spread their hate to a larger audience those 2 men have made personal multi million dollar fortunes from race baiting. Thanks to Obama we have a rise in fascism from blacks on whites under the guise of BLM and the Black Panthers have been given legitimacy by celebrities like Beyonce and the Williams sisters. Thanks to Obama, who achieved nothing of any significance during his Presidency, America is more racially divided than ever. Ultimately history will not be kind to the Obama's.
The damage Obama did to America will make sure there won't be another African/American in that office for another 100 years,

jpc

PI Member
Threads
The damage Obama did to America will make sure there won't be another African/American in that office for another 100 years,
He was pretty well ineffectual to be sure.
When you look at the facts that the Senate and House of Representatives blocked him at every opportunity it's understandable.
Add to that the US economy almost collapsed except for the measurements taken by him.
I wouldn't be so critical myself.
He was handled an impossible task in many respects.
His foreign policy was a disaster though that will impact on Europe for decades.

Threads
He was pretty well ineffectual to be sure.
When you look at the facts that the Senate and House of Representatives blocked him at every opportunity it's understandable.
Add to that the US economy almost collapsed except for the measurements taken by him.
I wouldn't be so critical myself.
He was handled an impossible task in many respects.
His foreign policy was a disaster though that will impact on Europe for decades.
Policies rarely matter to the Facebook generation.
He looks the part, is feted by Hollywood and given a free pass by the media.
If he had the exact same policies as Trump his idiot fan base would still love him.
Watch this video and tell me if the media would react the same if Trump did it.

jpc

PI Member
Threads
In the eyes of the MSM he could do no wrong.
Trump has decades of form because he wasn't media shy and he's pretty self indulgent.
Never drank or smoked though, which is is a good thing in some circles.
Once the private life doesn't impact on the job who cares beyond those who want to bring the individual down.

Top Bottom