venezuela - The Beauty of the country

Cael

Political Irish
Our stay began at Los Roques cayo, notable for great swimming beach, restaurants. The place is full of stray wonderful dogs who will adopt you for the day and keep you company, the dogs have a great life on Crasqui, and clearly los pescadores of Los Roques take very good care of the dogs one finds on the beach!). Los Roques is for me the perfect vacation and Crasqui would be a highlight but for the fact that there are no lowlights.

My main area for attractions took me to various places but none more pleasent that Caracas City. This place is amazing for runners, rollerbladers and biking. The view is fantastic, very well preserved, it's our arc the triumph right here in Caracas city. Very well guarded by the Military, very secure duing the weekends, and special closing of streets for runners on sunday morning. This place is very nice... you can tell it is in ruins but look close and you will see a piece of Venezuelan history... drive through and maybe hop off for a quick picture. this is one place I do recommend to go... quite interesting..

For a first time visitor to Venezuela it was an interesting look at the past. The place is spectacular and when we were there several soldiers gave a feeling of some security. Would not liked to have missed it.

One of the best places of Caracas, one of my favorites actually. To go there, get in the Ciudad Universitaria station in the subway (try to follow the signal to Línea 3 from Plaza Venezuela station), upstairs in the "Plaza 3 Gracias" exit, and then take the Metrobus just uping the stairs. In the 5 stop (ask to the bus driver the stop for the IPSFA or Locatel or Los Proceres) go down and go always straigh, you will pass the Procaduria General de la Republica, then ein "Mall" and finally, next to the mall there is the Proceres. You can go and forward. There are many sport activities for the citizens. In the afternoon and morning could be a little risky because is very lonely.

It was nice to see a part of the culture all in one place. I like when museums help you to save your time and at the same time get you familiar with local culture and local heros like Simon Bolivar.

Most places have no English translations which didn't really bother me but which would put off some tourists to whom this place aimed.

The only down side is due to lack of Tourism in Caracas, there isn't a single word written in English here. Either learn up on the history before you arrive, or take a small translator, but be subtle, don't make it clear you aren't from the city, Caracas can be dangerous. But that's another topic.

A trip to the Museo is a mishmash, only mildly interesting, and, well, that's about all there is to say. It is certainly worth a visit because it is free, but even more importantly because it's fascinating to wander around and wonder about the people working there and their observable deference. The little display of a picture of Chavez suggesting some sort of link with Bolivar as one exits certainly begs comment, and relegates, sadly, an otherwise important museum for an important historical figure to the current politics in Venezuela.

Top Bottom