Political Irish | The Irish Politics & Current Affairs Website

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Before posting anything about the COVID-19 virus, please read this first Click Here

V

mikeo

PI Member
I still remember Diana's Hips, woof woof woof!

Was she the Brunette?...she was a stunner, I agree. It seemed like she just dropped out of movies after. I remember seeing her on a talk show..very un-affected...always remembered her.

OP
Vengeful Glutton

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
That freaked me out!

The clunk, clunk, clunk of the lights and the vast, multistorey storage facility being revealed..

I seem to remember the special effects/graphics being a bit more impressive at the time :)

Great scene.

I love the reverb/modulation in the Alien voice.

OP
Vengeful Glutton

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
The saucer permanently hovering above the various cities is also striking and realistic and the semi-swastika and the red seems to agitate us at a primal level. That's the magic formula there. How the media gets quickly compromised is also interesting.

Lane Smith's Nathan Bates is an impressive character in the series but they then rather stupidly killed him off. It got very campy then. One scene had Faye Grant, who had just escaped from a freezer in a kitchen, being chased by an overweight alien chef with a carving knife.

According to the IMDB the TV series aired weekly in the autumn of 1984 (in America). It lasted only for one season.

Hardly a surprise, since the production values, writing and acting rapidly deteriorated.

Eriugena

PI Member
The original miniseries gets 7.9 at IMDB. The remake was cancelled after Season 2 (6.8 IMDB).

OP
Vengeful Glutton

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
There's some clips of the TV series on Youtube and it's like Dynasty with lizard aliens. Dreadful. 6.8 is quite generous.

Rommel

PI Member
I remember this back in the day. Diane was some sexy bitch

mikeo

PI Member
Surprised they didn't a hsve a plane hitting a skyscraper in there...

OP
Vengeful Glutton

Vengeful Glutton

PI Member
Wow...incredible....the freakin leader even looks like a young Soros...😲

What's intriguing is the reaction of people to the new restrictions imposed on society in the interests of peace and harmony.

"It'll be all over soon". "It's only temporary"

Remind you of anything?

;-)

Top Bottom